Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

old digital camera usb1.1 drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stick666

stick666

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

hi there i have an old digital camera with no brand or manufacturer written on the device only says digital xD the camera has an internal memory slot. win 7 cant find any driver for it, in device manager i found the id of the hardware USB\VID_0979&PID_0227&REV_0100 but cant find any controler for it;
is there any place to get a generic driver? im using win7 x64 ultimate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

If it's plug & Play...no special drivers are needed. The USB drivers installed by Windows have backward compatibility.

Connect it, turn it on...try the Windows Camera/Scanner Wizard. Instructions for this are in the Help menus of Windows.

Frankly...if it's not PNP, it's probably not worth fooling with, IMO.

Louis

#3 stick666

stick666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

try the bassics for instaling this digital camera win 7 wont find any controller im trying to find a generic driver so i can manualy install it, major problem its the camera does not have any brand or code name just says made in china and digital. got its id from device manager on win7 ( USB\VID_0979&PID_0227&REV_0100 )

id hardware:
USB\VID_0979&PID_0227&REV_0100
USB\VID_0979&PID_0227

compatible ids:
USB\Class_00&SubClass_00&Prot_00
USB\Class_00&SubClass_00
USB\Class_00

this are the only ids i found in device manager related to my digital camera

i physically open the camera couldnt find any brands or serrials nunbers only had a chip from samsung with the follow code:
samsung 649
K4S161622H-UC60

Edited by stick666, 01 November 2012 - 03:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users