Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Z200 takes over 30 mins to boot up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Capofut

Capofut

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Can anyone help please?
I have currently got 4 HP Z200 desktop systems (windows XP Pro)in the field that are less than a year old and take over 30 mins to start from a shut down (one takes over 1hr) they work fine once started.
The hard drive is partitioned and takes the same amount of time to boot up on the D drive as it does on the C drive. The PC starts, gets to the Windows introduction page and then nothing for about 30 minutes to an hour before I can log onto Windows.
I have searched everywhere and found that there is a known problem on these systems as descibed and to put a fresh copy of the spum.sys file into the drivers folder of sys32 usually sorts it out. Not on these four. They are all at different sites and different customers and I have run out of ideas.
Has anyone out there got any idea what to try next please?
Thanks

Edited by Capofut, 01 November 2012 - 05:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 toofarnorth

toofarnorth

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

if they are still under warranty i would try calling hp support. if you have the same problem with all computers it is probably a fault they know about and can advice on.

hth!

TFN

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

If it's a "known problem" attributable to system manufacturer, I'd say that you need to contact the manufacturer of these systems, since they are covered by warranty.

If you mean that it's a known Windows problem...I'd like to see a posted link stating such.

I note that you posted in one of the hardware forums...which suggests to me that you should be contacting the manufacturer.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users