Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 9 hangs on first launch when accessing web site

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping

• Members
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Windows 7 Home Edition, SP 1

Lately I have noticed a strange behavior with IE 9 (version 9.0.8112.16421). Here is the scenario. I log into my account and launch IE. When I try to go to any web site, IE hangs - I get the "not responding" message. I then exit from IE (sometimes using task manager). Once I relaunch IE, it works fine, even if I exit and relaunch IE several times. I have scanned my laptop for malware and nothing is noticed. Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,506 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hello,

Are you running any plugins(add ons) or toolbars? Try running IE without add-ons at first boot when the issue normally happens and see if it still freezes. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

If it is still freezing then try reseting internet explorer by clicking the gear at the top, clicking internet options, clicking the advanced tab then click reset.. button, this will reset all settings to their defaults so its up to you if you really want to do it. Also make sure you have all updates installed.

Edited by computerxpds, 01 November 2012 - 11:30 AM.

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users