Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Patrol

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 afterdark

afterdark

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hey guys, I use a program Win patrol, seems to be very nice, can be set up to alert you to changes to your computer such as when something makes changes to the registry, also it has settings for protecting a certain registry key. If anyone is familiar with this program I would love to hear feedback as to what others think of it. Thanks Ron (there are other features than what I mentioned pertaining to the registry). There is a free as well as a paid version.

Edited by afterdark, 01 November 2012 - 08:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

I have used the free version for a few years and the paid version for the last 3+ years. I'm quite pleased with it. I know I don't utilize it to it's maximum potential. But have no complaints.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 afterdark

afterdark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Thank you for your response Bleepin' Animinion, I am relatively new with it but quite like it too, also probably do not use it to its full potential

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

You're quite welcome. :thumbup2:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

I have been using WinPatrol PLUS for years as it is a versatile system monitoring program that utilizes a small memory footprint and offers a lot of features such as:
  • Takes a snapshot of critical system resources and provides alerts if any changes occur.
  • Track programs that have been installed on your system and monitor the location Windows uses to store Uninstall information.
  • Startup manager which works much better than MSConfig.
  • Alerts to changes in programs that run at startup.
  • Alerts if another program has removed a Startup program.
  • Has the ability to delay the launch of a Startup programs.
  • Monitors toolbars, registry modifications, changes to file extensions and changes to the HOSTS file.
WinPatrol PLUS provides high performance, real-time monitoring and access to the PLUS Info database.

If you highlight an entry, you can click on the Info button to gather additional information such as a file's full path (location). If you are using the Pro version, you click on PLUSInfo... which will take you to its website to see what they have to say about it. You can also do this by highlighting an entry, right-clicking on it and select PLUSInfo from the context menu.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users