Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any experience or opinions on sabertooth z77

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RB_Kandy

RB_Kandy

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on the Asus sabertooth z77 motherboard?
How does it measure up to the MSI Z77A-GD55

The reason I am comparing these two is that a friend is building their first computer, a gaming machine, and she's from Norway, and the selection in that country is pretty limited. So she's either going to go with the sabertooth or the MSI for about 100 USD cheaper.
Any advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chaca

Chaca

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

I am in the same dilemma, but i have researched the web and it seems to be the same all arround. The msi board is good, but not that great for overclocking.

The asus board is also good, better for overclocking. And has better support for things like ram and hardrives (ssd as well)

You mention it is a gaming build. If editing and overclocking isn't that important the msi is the best. Save money on the motherboard and use it on the graphics card.

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Just built a new rig last month- Z77 Sabertooth with a 3770K.

No complaints. Bumped multiplier to 44 X 103bclk at stock voltage after day 2 of life and smooth sailing.

EDIT: Didn't see date of original post.

Edited by dpunisher, 18 December 2012 - 01:32 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 Chaca

Chaca

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

I think i will get the msi z77a-gd55 for my build. I am in no need of the features the sabertooth brings, and the money will come in handy for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users