Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A question about PassMark scores

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RB_Kandy

RB_Kandy

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

I was looking at at some PassMark scores for CPU's, and comparing my old Athlon to the newer Ivy Bridge processors, I noticed this amazing discrepancy:
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz Scored: 9,634
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+ Scored: 1,275

Does this mean the 3770K is about 7 times as powerful as the Athlon?
1,275 goes into 9,634 7.5 times. So does this mean the 3770K has about 7 times the "get 'er done" power?
I'm just finding it really hard to believe that when I buy my new 3770K system, it is going to have 7 times the processing speed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

A synthetic benchmark score is largely pointless, it isn't an accurate measure of actual performance in what you are doing. That said, that i7 will drastically outperform that old Athlon, so a huge score is expected.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users