Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Update for Windows XP (KB2509553)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TLlaves

TLlaves

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Every time I try to install Security Update for Windows XP (KB2509553) it fails. Can anyone tell me if there’s a problem with this particular update or have anyone experienced this problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Direct link to KB2509553 32bit version - 64bit download is listed down the page -

Do you have any Error Message given when you try to install it ??

#3 TLlaves

TLlaves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

The only message I receive has been the following, Some updates were not installed. The following update were not installed. Security Update for Windows XP (KB2509553).
Thanks for your help. I tried the 32bit direct download and received the following, KB2509553 setup error. "Failed to migrate dependent packages.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Hi -
I could not find a lot of problems, only a few were listed, and this was the accepted solution for those problems (M/soft Fixit is there)

If the above step fails then I would suggest that you reset the Windows update components to default and later try to install the update.

How do I reset Windows Update components?
Follow any directins listed in the link or M/soft Fixit -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Regards -

#5 TLlaves

TLlaves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hi Aussie Addict,

Thank you very much for your help. When I find a solution to my problem I will be sure to inform you. I tried using Microsoft Fix It, but it did not repair my download problem. Once again thanks and I will be happy for any additional suggestions. Have a great day.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Hi -
Have you had a look at the date of this update ?? If this is not installed by now, I would totally forget about it.

Please note this listing: From the Microsoft Download site - Update for Windows XP (KB2509553) - Date published: 4/11/2011 - This update is 12 months old now -

If you are still interested, then this quick security check program may show us a bit more >>

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE or HERE, and Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Thank You -

#7 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

I checked the date of the uninstall of KB2509553 on my PC. It's April 2011. Could it be out of date or superseded by something else and therefore will not install? Oops, did not fully read Aussie Addict's response first but I guess I concur.

Edited by Nanobyte, 04 November 2012 - 01:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users