Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Droping large attachments

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BobbyD1869

BobbyD1869

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

We have a 2003 server. It is set up and has Mail Enable. The MTU settings are at 1500. We can up to ping 10.1.x.x -f -l 1430 its fine, returns packets. 1432 times out. We turned almost all the services we can think of. We narrowed it down from the firewall, gateway, we can ping the other 4 servers with 1472 but not this one. ANY IDEAS?!?! No one seems to know, and we are losing emails with attachments for the company.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

How large are the attachments? There may be a limit to attachment size-anything over that size will not be received.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users