Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blackberry newbie

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PGHinBKK

PGHinBKK

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

Hi, all!

I just got back from the local mall and have just purchased a Blackberry.
Some questions:

1. What are your opinions regarding the reliability of these units?
2. I paid 4560 baht for mine because I also purchased on of those plastic screen protecting films. (That's the 60 baht) It works out to about $142.50. Is that about what they're going for at home? Just curious.
3. Anything in particular I should look out for? It will be mainly used as a phone, a camera, and occasionally to access the web. Any potential snags to watch out for?

It seems to have all the bells and whistles already installed, and the first thing I'm gonna do tomorrow at work is to photocopy the booklet and blow it up about 5X, so these old eyes can read it. I just wanted some advice from some folks who have already used one ot these for a while. I got by on an old Nokia for the last 9 years (so I got my money's worth out of it) and it was doing fine, except that I missed it when I patted down my pockets prior to taking my little girl swimming last week. OOOPS! Stupid me. It cooked, so I upgraded.

Any input would be appreciated, as us ol' dinosaurs can use all the help we can get!! LOL

Thanks. And to all the mods and experienced posters, GREAT SITE! Thanks for keeping it up and running! Sa-waht-dee-kahp! :clapping:
Life is strange......and then there's Thailand....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xxkrisxx665

xxkrisxx665

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Use opera mini as your web browser worlds faster. Also if it is a curve watch out for dust accumulating under the screen. I own a blackberry 8530 and love it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users