Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gen-Frauder? TDSS? Save this laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 chgomonitor

chgomonitor

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

A dear friend asked me to take a look at her beloved laptop. She has a particularly nasty browser hijack type infection which is impacting her Firefox 16.0.2 browser. She is running Windows XP. We are seeing redirects from links supplied by yahoo and google searches. It takes us once to livesearch, liveconnect, compareshop and many other bogus search sites. She had tried ARO to get rid of it. I ran Avira on it and got nanube.gen and java.bn detections, tried removing them and made no progress. I tried Malewarebytes and got detections for Exploit.Drop.UR.2 and PUM.HiJack.StartMenu. It looked like it removed them, but no progress. I tried CC cleaner and ARO in both safe and regular modes, nothing. I've tried SuperAntiSpyware and it detected Malware.Trace and Trojan Agent / Gen-Frauder. Her control panel to handle boot modes may also be blocked by this thing, as is her restore point calendar. My suspicion is some type of root toolkit infection, annoying. She is very upset and I'm at the end of my limited expertise and seeking help. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. I'm attaching a HiJackThis.log I ran while in safe mode. Thanks again! - Ted

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 36,376 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Greetings Ted and :welcome: to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.

My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.

===================================================

Ground Rules:

• First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. :)
  • Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
  • Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps are a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.
  • Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.
  • When you post your reply, do not use the Posted Image button but use the Posted Image button instead.
  • In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the Posted Image button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
  • If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
  • When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.
  • I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.

Helping me Help You

Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.

Additional Information

• If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate you letting me know.
  • If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
    • If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and I will guide you.
    • Explain as best you can what happens with your computer, i.e. it beeps three times, the the black screen starts then goes blank, etc
  • Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
  • Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.
  • If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.

Create DDS.txt and Attach.txt

I need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.

DDS.com
    DDS.pif

• Double click on the Posted Image icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of both results in your post.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

Create GMER log

I also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner.

Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.

Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

How to create a GMER log

Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. :thumbsup2:

• DDS.txt
  • Attach.txt
  • GMER log

Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#3 chgomonitor

chgomonitor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

A million thanks, Gary - we REALLY do appreciate the help. Here are our logs:

DDS:

DDS (Ver_2012-10-19.01) - NTFS_x86
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.5512 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.9.2
Run by Mike at 18:44:25 on 2012-11-01
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1789.1265 [GMT -4:00]
AV: Avira Desktop *Disabled/Updated* {AD166499-45F9-482A-A743-FDD3350758C7}
============== Running Processes ================
C:\Program Files\Fingerprint Sensor\AtService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Drive Encryption\HpFkCrypt.exe
C:\Program Files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\acevents.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\SCardSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\IAM\Bin\AsGHost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\tsnpstd3.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe
C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd3.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\USB Drivers\RIMBBLaunchAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\FixCamera.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\accrdsub.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\accoca.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\acevents.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\PTChangeFilterService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avshadow.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqWmiEx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\ccc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k Cognizance
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uStart Page = hxxp://www.yahoo.com/
uURLSearchHooks: {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - <orphaned>
BHO: {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - <orphaned>
BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer: {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - c:\program files\real\realplayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper: {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - c:\program files\java\jre7\bin\ssv.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - c:\program files\java\jre7\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools: {DF21F1DB-80C6-11D3-9483-B03D0EC10000} - c:\program files\hewlett-packard\iam\bin\ItIEAddIn.dll
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
uRun: [AROReminder] c:\program files\aro 2012\aro.exe -rem
uRun: [SUPERAntiSpyware] c:\program files\superantispyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
mRun: [tsnpstd3] c:\windows\tsnpstd3.exe
mRun: [TkBellExe] "c:\program files\common files\real\update_ob\realsched.exe" -osboot
mRun: [SynTPEnh] c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\SynTPEnh.exe
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
mRun: [StartCCC] "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\CLIStart.exe"
mRun: [SoundMAXPnP] c:\program files\analog devices\core\smax4pnp.exe
mRun: [SoundMAX] "c:\program files\analog devices\soundmax\Smax4.exe" /tray
mRun: [snpstd3] c:\windows\vsnpstd3.exe
mRun: [RIMBBLaunchAgent.exe] c:\program files\common files\research in motion\usb drivers\RIMBBLaunchAgent.exe
mRun: [QlbCtrl.exe] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp quick launch buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
mRun: [PTHOSTTR] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp protecttools security manager\PTHOSTTR.EXE /Start
mRun: [hpWirelessAssistant] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp wireless assistant\HPWAMain.exe
mRun: [HP Software Update] c:\program files\hp\hp software update\HPWuSchd2.exe
mRun: [FixCamera] c:\windows\FixCamera.exe
mRun: [EKIJ5000StatusMonitor] c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
mRun: [Conime] c:\windows\system32\conime.exe
mRun: [CognizanceTS] rundll32.exe c:\progra~1\hewlet~1\iam\bin\ASTSVCC.dll,RegisterModule
mRun: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] c:\windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
mRun: [avgnt] "c:\program files\avira\antivir desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mRun: [Adobe ARM] "c:\program files\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
mRun: [accrdsub] "c:\program files\actividentity\activclient\accrdsub.exe"
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\hpoddt~1.lnk - c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
uPolicies-Explorer: NoDriveTypeAutoRun = dword:145
mPolicies-Windows\System: Allow-LogonScript-NetbiosDisabled = dword:1
mPolicies-Explorer: NoDriveTypeAutoRun = dword:145
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: {7F9DB11C-E358-4ca6-A83D-ACC663939424} - {9999A076-A9E2-4C99-8A2B-632FC9429223}
IE: {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - {FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503}
IE: {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
IE: {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe
INFO: HKCU has more than 50 listed domains.
If you wish to scan all of them, select the 'Force scan all domains' option.
INFO: HKLM has more than 50 listed domains.
If you wish to scan all of them, select the 'Force scan all domains' option.
DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} - hxxp://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1248913121077
TCP: NameServer = 10.1.0.1
TCP: Interfaces\{E7A1B74A-878C-424A-A49B-AEB11B499B21} : DHCPNameServer = 10.1.0.1
Notify: ackpbsc - c:\windows\system32\ackpbsc.dll
Notify: acunlock - c:\program files\actividentity\activclient\acunlock.dll
Notify: AtiExtEvent - Ati2evxx.dll
Notify: OneCard - c:\program files\hewlett-packard\iam\bin\ASWLNPkg.dll
SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
SEH: SABShellExecuteHook Class - {5AE067D3-9AFB-48E0-853A-EBB7F4A000DA} - c:\program files\superantispyware\SASSEH.DLL
LSA: Authentication Packages = msv1_0 nwprovau
LSA: Notification Packages = scecli ASWLNPkg
Hosts: 127.0.0.1 www.spywareinfo.com
================= FIREFOX ===================
FF - ProfilePath - c:\documents and settings\mike\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\8ktir3hz.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.selectedEngine - Yahoo
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxp://www.yahoo.com/?r0=1263858472
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.type - 4
FF - component: c:\program files\real\realplayer\browserrecord\components\nprpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\air\nppdf32.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\common files\research in motion\bbwebsllauncher\NPWebSLLauncher.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\google\update\1.3.21.123\npGoogleUpdate3.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll
FF - plugin: c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\NPSWF32_11_4_402_287.dll
FF - plugin: c:\windows\system32\npDeployJava1.dll
FF - plugin: c:\windows\system32\npptools.dll
FF - ExtSQL: !HIDDEN! 2009-07-30 09:13; {20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b}; c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v3.5\windows presentation foundation\DotNetAssistantExtension
---- FIREFOX POLICIES ----
FF - user.js: yahoo.homepage.dontask - true);user_pref(yahoo.ytff.general.dontshowhpoffer, true
============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============
R0 SafeBoot;SafeBoot;c:\windows\system32\drivers\SafeBoot.sys [2008-6-5 109184]
R0 SbAlg;SbAlg;c:\windows\system32\drivers\SbAlg.sys [2008-6-5 51376]
R0 SbFsLock;SbFsLock;c:\windows\system32\drivers\SbFsLock.sys [2008-6-5 12928]
R0 SFAUDIO;Sonic Focus DSP Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfaudio.sys [2009-7-29 24064]
R1 avkmgr;avkmgr;c:\windows\system32\drivers\avkmgr.sys [2012-10-27 36552]
R1 RsvLock;RsvLock;c:\windows\system32\drivers\rsvlock.sys [2008-6-5 12496]
R1 SASDIFSV;SASDIFSV;c:\program files\superantispyware\sasdifsv.sys [2011-7-22 12880]
R1 SASKUTIL;SASKUTIL;c:\program files\superantispyware\SASKUTIL.SYS [2011-7-12 67664]
R2 !SASCORE;SAS Core Service;c:\program files\superantispyware\SASCore.exe [2012-7-11 116608]
R2 accoca;ActivClient Middleware Service;c:\program files\actividentity\activclient\accoca.exe [2007-5-15 182576]
R2 AntiVirSchedulerService;Avira Scheduler;c:\program files\avira\antivir desktop\sched.exe [2012-10-27 84256]
R2 AntiVirService;Avira Real-Time Protection;c:\program files\avira\antivir desktop\avguard.exe [2012-10-27 108320]
R2 ASBroker;Logon Session Broker;c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k Cognizance [2006-2-28 14336]
R2 ASChannel;Local Communication Channel;c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k Cognizance [2006-2-28 14336]
R2 ATService;AuthenTec Fingerprint Service;c:\program files\fingerprint sensor\AtService.exe [2008-5-15 1176824]
R2 avgntflt;avgntflt;c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgntflt.sys [2012-10-27 83792]
R2 HP ProtectTools Service;HP ProtectTools Service;c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp protecttools security manager\PTChangeFilterService.exe [2008-6-10 18944]
R2 HpFkCryptService;Drive Encryption Service;c:\program files\hewlett-packard\drive encryption\HpFkCrypt.exe [2008-6-5 256512]
R2 Kodak AiO Network Discovery Service;Kodak AiO Network Discovery Service;c:\program files\kodak\aio\center\ekdiscovery.exe [2010-9-13 308656]
R3 Com4QLBEx;Com4QLBEx;c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp quick launch buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe [2009-7-29 193840]
R3 IFXTPM;IFXTPM;c:\windows\system32\drivers\ifxtpm.sys [2008-7-23 44800]
S2 gupdate;Google Update Service (gupdate);c:\program files\google\update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-3-23 136176]
S3 AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc;Adobe Flash Player Update Service;c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe [2012-10-31 250808]
S3 ATSwpWDF;AuthenTec TruePrint USB WDF Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\ATSwpWDF.sys [2008-5-15 475520]
S3 gupdatem;Google Update Service (gupdatem);c:\program files\google\update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-3-23 136176]
S3 MozillaMaintenance;Mozilla Maintenance Service;c:\program files\mozilla maintenance service\maintenanceservice.exe [2012-4-26 115168]
S3 NWUSBCDFIL;Novatel Wireless Installation CD;c:\windows\system32\drivers\NwUsbCdFil.sys [2008-7-7 20480]
S3 NWUSBPort2;Novatel Wireless USB Status2 Port Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\nwusbser2.sys [2008-5-9 174336]
S3 SCR3XX2K;SCR3xx USB SmartCardReader;c:\windows\system32\drivers\SCR3XX2K.sys [2007-6-21 56448]
S3 SMSIVZAM5;SMSIVZAM5 NDIS Protocol Driver;c:\progra~1\verizo~1\vzacce~1\SMSIVZAM5.SYS [2009-3-20 32408]
=============== Created Last 30 ================
2012-10-31 12:46:16 73656 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
2012-10-31 12:46:16 696760 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\FlashPlayerApp.exe
2012-10-30 04:05:21 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\mike\application data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2012-10-30 04:05:09 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2012-10-30 04:05:09 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2012-10-28 03:54:52 -------- d-----w- C:\25bba0dea9c475dd43c4f3ef9684
2012-10-28 03:25:41 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\pss
2012-10-28 01:11:40 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\mike\application data\Malwarebytes
2012-10-28 01:11:19 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Malwarebytes
2012-10-28 01:11:16 22856 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2012-10-28 01:11:16 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2012-10-28 01:01:53 143872 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\javacpl.cpl
2012-10-28 01:01:44 93672 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\WindowsAccessBridge.dll
2012-10-27 06:24:23 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\system32\NtmsData
2012-10-27 06:22:10 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\mike\application data\Avira
2012-10-27 06:16:20 36552 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avkmgr.sys
2012-10-27 06:16:19 83792 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgntflt.sys
2012-10-27 06:16:12 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Avira
2012-10-27 06:16:12 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Avira
==================== Find3M ====================
2012-10-28 01:01:30 821736 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\npDeployJava1.dll
2012-10-28 01:01:30 746984 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\deployJava1.dll
2012-08-30 20:29:36 81920 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ieencode.dll
2012-08-30 20:29:36 667136 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2012-08-30 20:29:36 61952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\tdc.ocx
2012-08-28 13:00:25 369664 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\html.iec
2012-08-24 13:53:22 177664 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wintrust.dll
2012-08-21 13:33:26 2148864 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
2012-08-21 12:58:09 2027520 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
============= FINISH: 18:45:07.46 ===============

Attach.txt;

UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG.
IF REQUESTED, ZIP IT UP & ATTACH IT
DDS (Ver_2012-10-19.01)
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Install Date: 7/29/2009 4:22:00 PM
System Uptime: 11/1/2012 6:22:54 PM (0 hours ago)
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard | | 30E3
Processor: AMD Turion™X2 Dual Core Mobile RM-70 | Unknown | 1000/200mhz
==== Disk Partitions =========================
C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 137 GiB total, 83.885 GiB free.
D: is CDROM (CDFS)
==== Disabled Device Manager Items =============
==== System Restore Points ===================
RP1: 10/27/2012 11:36:40 PM - System Checkpoint
RP2: 10/28/2012 3:00:19 AM - Software Distribution Service 3.0
RP3: 10/30/2012 8:40:16 PM - System Checkpoint
RP4: 10/30/2012 8:51:24 PM - ARO 2012- Before One Click
==== Installed Programs ======================
Acrobat.com
ActivClient 6.1 x86
Adobe AIR
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin
Adobe Reader 9.5.1
Agere Systems HDA Modem
aiofw
aioprnt
aioscnnr
AMD Processor Driver
ARO 2012
ATI Catalyst Control Center
ATI Display Driver
AuthenTec Fingerprint System
Avira Free Antivirus
BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1
Bonjour
Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter
Broadcom NetXtreme Ethernet Controller
Broadcom Wireless Utility
BufferChm
Catalyst Control Center - Branding
Catalyst Control Center Core Implementation
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Full Existing
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Full New
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Light
Catalyst Control Center Localization Chinese Standard
Catalyst Control Center Localization Chinese Traditional
Catalyst Control Center Localization Czech
Catalyst Control Center Localization Danish
Catalyst Control Center Localization Dutch
Catalyst Control Center Localization Finnish
Catalyst Control Center Localization French
Catalyst Control Center Localization German
Catalyst Control Center Localization Greek
Catalyst Control Center Localization Hungarian
Catalyst Control Center Localization Italian
Catalyst Control Center Localization Japanese
Catalyst Control Center Localization Korean
Catalyst Control Center Localization Norwegian
Catalyst Control Center Localization Polish
Catalyst Control Center Localization Portuguese
Catalyst Control Center Localization Russian
Catalyst Control Center Localization Spanish
Catalyst Control Center Localization Swedish
Catalyst Control Center Localization Thai
Catalyst Control Center Localization Turkish
ccc-core-preinstall
ccc-core-static
ccc-utility
CCC Help Chinese Standard
CCC Help Chinese Traditional
CCC Help Czech
CCC Help Danish
CCC Help Dutch
CCC Help English
CCC Help Finnish
CCC Help French
CCC Help German
CCC Help Greek
CCC Help Hungarian
CCC Help Italian
CCC Help Japanese
CCC Help Korean
CCC Help Norwegian
CCC Help Polish
CCC Help Portuguese
CCC Help Russian
CCC Help Spanish
CCC Help Swedish
CCC Help Thai
CCC Help Turkish
CCleaner
center
Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools
Destinations
DeviceManagementQFolder
dj_taplugin
dj6980
Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools
Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools Driver
eSupportQFolder
GE98067 and 98756 MiniCam Pro
Google Update Helper
GoToMeeting 4.5.0.457
HijackThis 1.98.2
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB953595)
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB958484)
Hotfix for Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399)
Hotfix for Windows Media Player 11 (KB939683)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB2158563)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB2443685)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB2570791)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB2633952)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB2756822)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB949764)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB952287)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB954550-v5)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB961118)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB976098-v2)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB979306)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB981793)
HP 3D DriveGuard
HP Deskjet 6900 series
HP Imaging Device Functions 6.0
HP JavaCard for HP ProtectTools
HP Photo and Imaging 2.0 - All-in-One
HP Photo and Imaging 2.0 - All-in-One Drivers
HP Photo and Imaging 2.0 - hp psc 1200 series
HP Photosmart Essential
HP Product Assistant
HP ProtectTools Security Manager
HP ProtectTools Security Manager Suite
hp psc 1200 series
HP Quick Launch Buttons 6.40 E1
HP Solution Center and Imaging Support Tools 6.0
HP Update
HP Wireless Assistant
hpf_ProductContext
HPProductAssistant
Java 7 Update 9
Java Auto Updater
KODAK AiO Home Center
LP6980_Help
LP6980Trb
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.65.1.1000
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.5
Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.9
Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In
Microsoft Office Outlook MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2007
Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2007
Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Standard 2007
Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Software Update for Web Folders (English) 12
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 ATL Update kb973924 - x86 9.0.30729.4148
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - KB2467174 - x86 9.0.30729.5570
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219
Mobile Broadband Generic Drivers
Mozilla Firefox 16.0.2 (x86 en-US)
Mozilla Maintenance Service
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)
MSXML 6.0 Parser
OGA Notifier 2.0.0048.0
PreReq
Readme
RealPlayer
SCR3xxx Smart Card Reader
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB2604111)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB2657424)
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596615) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596672) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596744) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596754) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596785) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596792) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596856) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596871) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2597162) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2597969) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2687314) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2687441) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB2597161) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 (KB2687440) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB2596764) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB2596912) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB2687315) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2564958)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB2378111)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB952069)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB954155)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB968816)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB973540)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB975558)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB978695)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB954154)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2079403)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2115168)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2121546)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2160329)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2183461)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2229593)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2259922)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2279986)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2286198)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2296011)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2296199)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2347290)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2360131)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2360937)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2387149)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2393802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2412687)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2416400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2419632)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2423089)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2436673)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2440591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2443105)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2476490)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2476687)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2478960)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2478971)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2479628)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2479943)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2481109)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2482017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2483185)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2485376)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2485663)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2497640)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2503658)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2503665)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2506212)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2506223)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2507618)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2507938)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2508272)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2508429)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2509553)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2510581)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2511455)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2524375)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2530548)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2535512)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2536276-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2536276)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2544521)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2544893-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2544893)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2555917)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2559049)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2562937)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2566454)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2567053)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2567680)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2570222)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2570947)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2584146)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2585542)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2586448)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2592799)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2598479)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2603381)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2618444)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2618451)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2619339)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2620712)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2621440)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2624667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2631813)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2633171)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2639417)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2641653)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2646524)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2647516)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2647518)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2653956)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2655992)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2659262)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2660465)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2661637)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2675157)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2676562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2685939)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2686509)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2691442)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2695962)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2698365)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2699988)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2705219)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2707511)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2709162)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2712808)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2718523)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2719985)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2722913)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2723135)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2724197)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2731847)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2744842)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923561)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923789)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946648)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950974)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951066)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952004)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952954)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954459)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954600)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956572)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956744)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956803)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956844)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958687)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958869)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB959426)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960225)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960803)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960859)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB961371)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB961501)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB968537)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB969059)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB969947)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB970238)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB970430)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971468)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971486)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971557)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971633)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971657)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971961)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB972260)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB972270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973346)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973354)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973507)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973525)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973869)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973904)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974112)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974318)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974392)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974455)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974571)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975025)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975467)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975560)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975561)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975713)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB976325)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB977165)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB977816)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB977914)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978037)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978251)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978262)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978338)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978542)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978601)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB978706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB979309)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB979482)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB979559)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB979683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB979687)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB980195)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB980218)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB980232)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB980436)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB981322)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB981349)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB981852)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB981957)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB981997)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB982132)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB982214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB982381)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB982665)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB982802)
Skins
SolutionCenter
SoundMAX
Status
SUPERAntiSpyware
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
TrayApp
Unload
Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB967642)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB963707)
Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (KB2596598) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2687407) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Windows XP (KB2141007)
Update for Windows XP (KB2345886)
Update for Windows XP (KB2467659)
Update for Windows XP (KB2541763)
Update for Windows XP (KB2607712)
Update for Windows XP (KB2616676)
Update for Windows XP (KB2641690)
Update for Windows XP (KB2661254-v2)
Update for Windows XP (KB2718704)
Update for Windows XP (KB2736233)
Update for Windows XP (KB2749655)
Update for Windows XP (KB951978)
Update for Windows XP (KB955759)
Update for Windows XP (KB955839)
Update for Windows XP (KB967715)
Update for Windows XP (KB968389)
Update for Windows XP (KB971029)
Update for Windows XP (KB971737)
Update for Windows XP (KB973687)
Update for Windows XP (KB973815)
Update for Windows XP (KB976749)
Update for Windows XP (KB978207)
Update for Windows XP (KB980182)
VLC media player 1.0.1
VZAccess Manager
WebFldrs XP
WebReg
Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB905474)
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Player 11
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Yahoo! Messenger
Yahoo! Software Update
==== Event Viewer Messages From Past Week ========
10/30/2012 8:22:11 PM, error: DCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "%1084" attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments "" in order to run the server: {A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}
10/30/2012 11:56:12 AM, error: Service Control Manager [7026] - The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: AmdPPM avipbb avkmgr Fips RsvLock SASDIFSV SASKUTIL ssmdrv
10/30/2012 11:55:32 AM, error: DCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "%1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server: {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}
10/28/2012 5:35:48 PM, error: Service Control Manager [7009] - Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the hpqwmiex service to connect.
10/28/2012 5:35:48 PM, error: Service Control Manager [7000] - The hpqwmiex service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
10/28/2012 5:35:47 PM, error: DCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "%1053" attempting to start the service hpqwmiex with arguments "" in order to run the server: {F5539356-2F02-40D4-999E-FA61F45FE12E}
10/28/2012 2:04:59 AM, error: Dhcp [1001] - Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0021003E923F. The following error occurred: The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
10/28/2012 1:35:17 AM, error: Dhcp [1001] - Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0021003E923F. The following error occurred: The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
10/27/2012 11:28:32 PM, error: Service Control Manager [7006] - The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for Start with the following error: Access is denied.
10/27/2012 10:46:22 PM, error: sr [1] - The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC0000001' while processing the file '' on the volume 'HarddiskVolume1'. It has stopped monitoring the volume.
10/26/2012 2:12:24 AM, error: Dhcp [1002] - The IP address lease 10.0.0.3 for the Network Card with network address 0021003E923F has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).
==== End Of File ===========================

and..

GMER log:

GMER 1.0.15.15641 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2012-11-01 20:18:42
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-3 FUJITSU_MHZ2160BH_G2 rev.8909
Running: gmer.exe; Driver: C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\kfxdyaoc.sys

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

SSDT 8FA4EF14 ZwClose
SSDT 8FA4EECE ZwCreateKey
SSDT 8FA4EF1E ZwCreateSection
SSDT 8FA4EEC4 ZwCreateThread
SSDT 8FA4EED3 ZwDeleteKey
SSDT 8FA4EEDD ZwDeleteValueKey
SSDT 8FA4EF0F ZwDuplicateObject
SSDT 8FA4EEE2 ZwLoadKey
SSDT 8FA4EEB0 ZwOpenProcess
SSDT 8FA4EEB5 ZwOpenThread
SSDT 8FA4EF37 ZwQueryValueKey
SSDT 8FA4EEEC ZwReplaceKey
SSDT 8FA4EF28 ZwRequestWaitReplyPort
SSDT 8FA4EEE7 ZwRestoreKey
SSDT 8FA4EF23 ZwSetContextThread
SSDT 8FA4EF2D ZwSetSecurityObject
SSDT 8FA4EED8 ZwSetValueKey
SSDT 8FA4EF32 ZwSystemDebugControl
SSDT \??\C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL.SYS (SASKUTIL.SYS/SUPERAdBlocker.com and SUPERAntiSpyware.com) ZwTerminateProcess [0x8DAF7640]

---- Kernel code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

? C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SafeBoot.sys The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
.text C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys section is writeable [0xA93A1000, 0x18A386, 0xE8000020]
? C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\mbr.sys The system cannot find the file specified. !

---- User code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe[5604] ntdll.dll!LdrLoadDll 7C91632D 5 Bytes JMP 01475B00 C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\xul.dll (Mozilla Foundation)
.text C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe[5604] kernel32.dll!lstrlenW + 43 7C809AEC 7 Bytes JMP 016B7B58 C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\xul.dll (Mozilla Foundation)
.text C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe[5604] kernel32.dll!MapViewOfFileEx + 6A 7C80B9A0 1 Byte [E9]
.text C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe[5604] kernel32.dll!MapViewOfFileEx + 6A 7C80B9A0 7 Bytes JMP 016B7B35 C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\xul.dll (Mozilla Foundation)
.text C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe[5604] kernel32.dll!ValidateLocale + B130 7C844958 7 Bytes JMP 0147EF12 C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\xul.dll (Mozilla Foundation)
.text C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe[5604] GDI32.dll!SetDIBitsToDevice + 20A 77F19E14 7 Bytes JMP 016B7AB6 C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\xul.dll (Mozilla Foundation)

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice \Driver\Kbdclass \Device\KeyboardClass0 SynTP.sys (Synaptics Touchpad Driver/Synaptics, Inc.)

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Thanks again for any assistance you can provide! - Ted

#4 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 36,376 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Hi Ted,

I would like you to run 3 programs for me in this first step. Please do this.

AdwCleaner by Xplode - Delete Adware

-------------------

• Close all open programs and internet browser
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe
  • Click on Delete
  • Confirm each time with OK
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart
  • Copy and paste the contents in your reply
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt
  • Check to see if you are still receiving redirects

screen317's Security Check

--------------------

• Please download screen317's Security Check to your desktop
  • Double-click Posted Image icon
  • Click OK
  • Select Run
  • Press any key to start the program
  • Allow the program to run
  • A Notepad document will open on your desktop. Please copy and paste the contents in your reply

RogueKiller by Tigzy

--------------------

• Download RogueKiller and save it to your desktop
  • Close all running programs
  • For Vista/7 users right click on the icon and select Run as Administrator
  • For Windows XP simply double click on the icon
  • When prompted, Click Scan
  • A report should open and a copy of the report will be placed on your desktop
  • If RogueKiller has been blocked, do not hesitate to try a few times more. If really won't run, rename in winlogon.exe (or winlogon.com) and try again
  • Copy and paste the contents of the report in your reply

Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. :thumbsup2:

• AdwCleaner log
  • Security Check log
  • RogueKiller information
  • How is your computer running?

Gary

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#5 chgomonitor

chgomonitor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the help, followed your instructions to the letter but still getting these blasted redirects from both yahoo and google. Seems the redirects are slight less consistent now, however. But, they are still there. Here are our logs;

ADWCleaner log;

# AdwCleaner v2.006 - Logfile created 11/01/2012 at 22:59:22
# Updated 30/10/2012 by Xplode
# Operating system : Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32 bits)
# User : Mike - MICHAEL-C2A70C6
# Boot Mode : Normal
# Running from : C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\adwcleaner.exe
# Option [Delete]

***** [Services] *****

***** [Files / Folders] *****

***** [Registry] *****

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{2D360201-FFF5-11D1-8D03-00A0C959BC0A}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{BCFF5F55-6F44-11D2-86F8-00104B265ED5}

***** [Internet Browsers] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v6.0.2900.5512

[OK] Registry is clean.

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v16.0.2 (en-US)

Profile name : default
File : C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8ktir3hz.default\prefs.js

C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8ktir3hz.default\user.js ... Deleted !

[OK] File is clean.

AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1013 octets] - [01/11/2012 22:59:22]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1073 octets] ##########

Security Check log;

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.54
Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86
Internet Explorer 6 Out of date!
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
Windows Firewall Enabled!
Avira Desktop
Antivirus up to date!
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
MVPS Hosts File
SUPERAntiSpyware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.65.1.1000
CCleaner
Java 7 Update 9
HP JavaCard for HP ProtectTools
Adobe Flash Player 10 Flash Player out of Date!
Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.287
Adobe Reader 9 Adobe Reader out of Date!
Mozilla Firefox (16.0.2)
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
Avira Antivir avgnt.exe
Avira Antivir avguard.exe
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C:: 2%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

Rogue Killer Log;

RogueKiller V8.2.1 [10/29/2012] by Tigzy
mail: tigzyRK<at>gmail<dot>com
Feedback: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/413-roguekiller/
Blog: http://tigzyrk.blogspot.com

Operating System: Windows XP (5.1.2600 Service Pack 3) 32 bits version
Started in : Normal mode
User : Mike [Admin rights]
Mode : Remove -- Date : 11/01/2012 23:16:21

§§§ Bad processes : 1 §§§
[SUSP PATH] SecurityCheck.exe -- C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\SecurityCheck.exe -> KILLED [TermThr]

§§§ Registry Entries : 0 §§§

§§§ Particular Files / Folders: §§§

§§§ Driver : [LOADED] §§§
SSDT[25] : NtClose @ 0x805BC538 -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E71FC)
SSDT[41] : NtCreateKey @ 0x806240F6 -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E71B6)
SSDT[50] : NtCreateSection @ 0x805AB3D0 -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E7206)
SSDT[53] : NtCreateThread @ 0x805D1038 -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E71AC)
SSDT[63] : NtDeleteKey @ 0x80624592 -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E71BB)
SSDT[65] : NtDeleteValueKey @ 0x80624762 -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E71C5)
SSDT[68] : NtDuplicateObject @ 0x805BE010 -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E71F7)
SSDT[98] : NtLoadKey @ 0x8062631A -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E71CA)
SSDT[122] : NtOpenProcess @ 0x805CB456 -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E7198)
SSDT[128] : NtOpenThread @ 0x805CB6E2 -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E719D)
SSDT[177] : NtQueryValueKey @ 0x8062231A -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E721F)
SSDT[193] : NtReplaceKey @ 0x806261CA -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E71D4)
SSDT[200] : NtRequestWaitReplyPort @ 0x805A2D7E -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E7210)
SSDT[204] : NtRestoreKey @ 0x80625AD6 -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E71CF)
SSDT[213] : NtSetContextThread @ 0x805D2C1A -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E720B)
SSDT[237] : NtSetSecurityObject @ 0x805C0636 -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E7215)
SSDT[247] : NtSetValueKey @ 0x80622668 -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E71C0)
SSDT[255] : NtSystemDebugControl @ 0x806180CA -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E721A)
S_SSDT[549] : NtUserSetWindowsHookEx -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E722E)
S_SSDT[552] : NtUserSetWinEventHook -> HOOKED (Unknown @ 0x9E6E7233)

§§§ HOSTS File: §§§
--> C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 www.007guard.com
127.0.0.1 007guard.com
127.0.0.1 008i.com
127.0.0.1 www.008k.com
127.0.0.1 008k.com
127.0.0.1 www.00hq.com
127.0.0.1 00hq.com
127.0.0.1 010402.com
127.0.0.1 www.032439.com
127.0.0.1 032439.com
127.0.0.1 www.0scan.com
127.0.0.1 0scan.com
127.0.0.1 1000gratisproben.com
127.0.0.1 www.1000gratisproben.com
127.0.0.1 1001namen.com
127.0.0.1 www.1001namen.com
127.0.0.1 100888290cs.com
127.0.0.1 www.100888290cs.com
127.0.0.1 www.100sexlinks.com
[...]

§§§ MBR Check: §§§

+++++ PhysicalDrive0: FUJITSU MHZ2160BH G2 +++++
--- User ---
[MBR] 5bce2ba6bca5c38b4ea63af56583938d
[BSP] 721530e92b5c5ddb3e4eeca6444d0403 : Windows XP MBR Code
Partition table:
0 - [ACTIVE] NTFS (0x07) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 63 | Size: 139996 Mo
User = LL1 ... OK!
User = LL2 ... OK!

Finished : << RKreport[12].txt >>
RKreport[10].txt ; RKreport[11].txt ; RKreport[12].txt ; RKreport[1].txt ; RKreport[2].txt ;
RKreport[3].txt ; RKreport[4].txt ; RKreport[5].txt ; RKreport[6].txt ; RKreport[7].txt ;
RKreport[8].txt ; RKreport[9].txt

Again, a million thanks, hope we can beat this thing.

God bless

#6 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 36,376 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

Good morning Ted,

We are just getting started and I see no reason why we can't get your friend's computer feeling better, hopefully very soon.

Please do this for me.

Running TDSSKiller with Changed Parameters

--------------------

• Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop
  • Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

Posted Image

• Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system
  • Click OK

Posted Image

• Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

Posted Image

• If threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwise
  • Click Continue

Posted Image

• Click Reboot computer
  • Please copy and paste the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)

aswMBR

--------------------

• Download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.
  • Please disable your real time protection of any Antivirus, Antispyware or Antimalware programs temporarily. They will interfere and may cause unexpected results.
  • If you need help to disable your protection programs see here and here.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe file to run it. Please allow when you are asked to download AVAST antivirus engine defs.
  • Wait until the AV update is done, then click on the Scan button to start. The program will launch a scan.

Posted Image
  • When done, you will see Scan finished successfully. Please click on Save log and save the file to your desktop.

Posted Image
  • Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.
NOTE: aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

• TDSSKiller log
  • aswMBR log

Gary

#7 chgomonitor

chgomonitor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

-We followed the directions and ran TDSSKiller. We went to change the program's settings as you instructed. When we checked the box for "loaded modules" we got an odd looking pop-up with a yellow caution (!) warning that a re-boot is required - "Extended Monitoring Driver is required for this option". It wanted us to re-boot the computer at that point to install that driver and we figured we had better check with you before doing so, as that was not in your instructions and we were concerned it might have been the bug trying to defend itself. Please let us know the best way to proceed. Thanks in advance, we can't tell you how much we appreciate all of your help and expertise. - Ted

#8 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 36,376 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hi Ted,

Thank you for being cautious. I would like you to run the following program instead of TDSSKiller. Please run aswMBR as well, as instructed above.

Please do this for me.

ComboFix

--------------------

For a more detailed explanation on running Combofix and the prompts you will be following please see here.

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations and save it to your desktop:

Bleepingcomputer
ForoSpyware

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)
  • Double click on Combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

• Note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, or if you are running Vista/Windows 7, ComboFix will skip the below Recovery Console pop ups and continue its malware removal procedure.

Posted Image

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

Please Note: Often times it may appear as if ComboFix has stopped working. To verify it is still running please do one of the following below. If ComboFix has stopped running please stop and advise me.

• Check your computer clock. If it is still running then so is ComboFix
  • Open Task Manager and select the Applications Tab. If the status of AutoScan is Running, then ComboFix is running
  • Open Task Manager and select the Processes Tab. Under Image Name look for files ending in .3xe. If there are fluctuating numbers under CPU and Mem Usage then ComboFix is running
When finished, it will produce a log. Please include the C:\Combofix.txt log in your next reply.

• Combofix.txt
  • aswMBR log

Gary

#9 chgomonitor

chgomonitor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Thanks again for all your help here. Here are our logs for combofix and aswMBR.

ComboFix 12-11-04.01 - Mike 11/04/2012 0:48.1.2 - x86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1789.1129 [GMT -4:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Mike\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
AV: Avira Desktop *Disabled/Updated* {AD166499-45F9-482A-A743-FDD3350758C7}
* Created a new restore point
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\hpoddt01.exe.lnk
c:\documents and settings\Mike\g2mdlhlpx.exe
C:\Install.exe
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.ics
c:\windows\system32\SET2F1.tmp
c:\windows\system32\SET2F6.tmp
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2012-10-04 to 2012-11-04 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2012-10-31 12:46 . 2012-10-31 12:46 73656 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
2012-10-31 12:46 . 2012-10-31 12:46 696760 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\FlashPlayerApp.exe
2012-10-30 04:05 . 2012-10-30 04:05 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Mike\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2012-10-30 04:05 . 2012-10-30 04:06 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2012-10-30 04:05 . 2012-10-30 04:05 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2012-10-28 03:54 . 2012-10-28 07:19 -------- d-----w- C:\25bba0dea9c475dd43c4f3ef9684
2012-10-28 01:11 . 2012-10-28 01:11 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Mike\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2012-10-28 01:11 . 2012-10-28 01:11 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2012-10-28 01:11 . 2012-10-28 01:11 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2012-10-28 01:11 . 2012-09-29 23:54 22856 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2012-10-28 01:03 . 2012-10-28 01:03 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Java
2012-10-28 01:01 . 2012-10-28 01:01 143872 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\javacpl.cpl
2012-10-28 01:01 . 2012-10-28 01:01 93672 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\WindowsAccessBridge.dll
2012-10-27 06:24 . 2012-10-27 14:49 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\system32\NtmsData
2012-10-27 06:22 . 2012-10-27 06:22 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Mike\Application Data\Avira
2012-10-27 06:17 . 2012-10-27 06:17 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla
2012-10-27 06:16 . 2012-09-24 13:58 36552 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avkmgr.sys
2012-10-27 06:16 . 2012-10-30 15:51 133824 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avipbb.sys
2012-10-27 06:16 . 2012-09-13 14:58 83792 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgntflt.sys
2012-10-27 06:16 . 2012-10-27 06:16 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Avira
2012-10-27 06:16 . 2012-10-27 06:16 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2012-10-28 01:01 . 2012-07-06 18:22 821736 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\npDeployJava1.dll
2012-10-28 01:01 . 2012-07-06 18:22 746984 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\deployJava1.dll
2012-08-30 20:29 . 2006-02-28 12:00 81920 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ieencode.dll
2012-08-30 20:29 . 2006-02-28 12:00 667136 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2012-08-30 20:29 . 2006-02-28 12:00 61952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\tdc.ocx
2012-08-28 13:00 . 2006-02-28 12:00 369664 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\html.iec
2012-08-24 13:53 . 2006-02-28 12:00 177664 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wintrust.dll
2012-08-21 13:33 . 2006-02-28 12:00 2148864 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
2012-08-21 12:58 . 2004-08-03 22:59 2027520 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
2012-10-28 01:03 . 2012-10-28 01:03 261600 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\browsercomps.dll
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"AROReminder"="c:\program files\ARO 2012\aro.exe" [2012-01-06 2552688]
"SUPERAntiSpyware"="c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe" [2012-10-16 4762496]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"tsnpstd3"="c:\windows\tsnpstd3.exe" [2007-03-10 270336]
"TkBellExe"="c:\program files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2009-08-18 198160]
"SynTPEnh"="c:\program files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2008-03-27 1040384]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" [2012-07-03 252848]
"StartCCC"="c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" [2008-01-21 61440]
"SoundMAXPnP"="c:\program files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe" [2008-04-04 1044480]
"snpstd3"="c:\windows\vsnpstd3.exe" [2006-09-19 827392]
"RIMBBLaunchAgent.exe"="c:\program files\Common Files\Research In Motion\USB Drivers\RIMBBLaunchAgent.exe" [2011-02-18 79192]
"QlbCtrl.exe"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe" [2008-05-14 177456]
"PTHOSTTR"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\PTHOSTTR.EXE" [2008-06-10 238896]
"hpWirelessAssistant"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe" [2008-04-15 488752]
"HP Software Update"="c:\program files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe" [2010-03-12 49208]
"FixCamera"="c:\windows\FixCamera.exe" [2007-02-10 20480]
"EKIJ5000StatusMonitor"="c:\windows\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe" [2010-09-02 1638400]
"Conime"="c:\windows\system32\conime.exe" [2008-04-14 27648]
"CognizanceTS"="c:\progra~1\HEWLET~1\IAM\Bin\ASTSVCC.dll" [2008-06-02 24848]
"Broadcom Wireless Manager UI"="c:\windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe" [2009-07-29 1871872]
"avgnt"="c:\program files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" [2012-10-30 384800]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2012-03-27 37296]
"Adobe ARM"="c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [2012-01-02 843712]
"accrdsub"="c:\program files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\accrdsub.exe" [2007-05-15 293168]
[hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\ShellExecuteHooks]
"{5AE067D3-9AFB-48E0-853A-EBB7F4A000DA}"= "c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASSEH.DLL" [2011-07-19 113024]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\ackpbsc]
2007-05-15 20:08 112640 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ackpbsc.dll
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\acunlock]
2007-05-15 20:08 281088 ----a-w- c:\program files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\acunlock.dll
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\OneCard]
2008-06-02 12:06 112400 ----a-w- c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\IAM\Bin\ASWLNPkg.dll
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=c:\windows\system32\APSHook.dll
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa]
Authentication Packages REG_MULTI_SZ msv1_0 nwprovau
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\!SASCORE]
@=""
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Wdf01000.sys]
@="Driver"
[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\OUTLOOK.EXE"=
"c:\\WINDOWS\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\realplay.exe"=
"c:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Research In Motion\\BlackBerry Desktop\\Rim.Desktop.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\AiO\\Center\\AiOHomeCenter.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\AiO\\Center\\Kodak.Statistics.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\AiO\\Center\\NetworkPrinterDiscovery.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\AiO\\Firmware\\KodakAiOUpdater.exe"=
"c:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Kodak\\Installer\\Setup.exe"=
[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"9322:TCP"= 9322:TCP:EKDiscovery
"5353:UDP"= 5353:UDP:Bonjour Port 5353
R0 SafeBoot;SafeBoot;c:\windows\system32\drivers\SafeBoot.sys [6/5/2008 5:08 PM 109184]
R0 SbAlg;SbAlg;c:\windows\system32\drivers\SbAlg.sys [6/5/2008 5:08 PM 51376]
R0 SbFsLock;SbFsLock;c:\windows\system32\drivers\SbFsLock.sys [6/5/2008 5:08 PM 12928]
R0 SFAUDIO;Sonic Focus DSP Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfaudio.sys [7/29/2009 4:27 PM 24064]
R1 avkmgr;avkmgr;c:\windows\system32\drivers\avkmgr.sys [10/27/2012 2:16 AM 36552]
R1 RsvLock;RsvLock;c:\windows\system32\drivers\rsvlock.sys [6/5/2008 5:08 PM 12496]
R1 SASDIFSV;SASDIFSV;c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\sasdifsv.sys [7/22/2011 12:27 PM 12880]
R1 SASKUTIL;SASKUTIL;c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL.SYS [7/12/2011 5:55 PM 67664]
R2 !SASCORE;SAS Core Service;c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCore.exe [7/11/2012 2:54 PM 116608]
R2 accoca;ActivClient Middleware Service;c:\program files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\accoca.exe [5/15/2007 4:08 PM 182576]
R2 AntiVirSchedulerService;Avira Scheduler;c:\program files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe [10/27/2012 2:16 AM 84256]
R2 ASBroker;Logon Session Broker;c:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k Cognizance [2/28/2006 8:00 AM 14336]
R2 ASChannel;Local Communication Channel;c:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k Cognizance [2/28/2006 8:00 AM 14336]
R2 ATService;AuthenTec Fingerprint Service;c:\program files\Fingerprint Sensor\AtService.exe [5/15/2008 3:11 PM 1176824]
R2 HP ProtectTools Service;HP ProtectTools Service;c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\PTChangeFilterService.exe [6/10/2008 11:13 AM 18944]
R2 HpFkCryptService;Drive Encryption Service;c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Drive Encryption\HpFkCrypt.exe [6/5/2008 5:07 PM 256512]
R2 Kodak AiO Network Discovery Service;Kodak AiO Network Discovery Service;c:\program files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe [9/13/2010 5:18 PM 308656]
R3 Com4QLBEx;Com4QLBEx;c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe [7/29/2009 4:47 PM 193840]
R3 IFXTPM;IFXTPM;c:\windows\system32\drivers\ifxtpm.sys [7/23/2008 11:31 AM 44800]
S3 ATSwpWDF;AuthenTec TruePrint USB WDF Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\ATSwpWDF.sys [5/15/2008 1:29 PM 475520]
S3 NWUSBCDFIL;Novatel Wireless Installation CD;c:\windows\system32\drivers\NwUsbCdFil.sys [7/7/2008 12:23 PM 20480]
S3 NWUSBPort2;Novatel Wireless USB Status2 Port Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\nwusbser2.sys [5/9/2008 11:08 AM 174336]
S3 SCR3XX2K;SCR3xx USB SmartCardReader;c:\windows\system32\drivers\SCR3XX2K.sys [6/21/2007 4:40 AM 56448]
S3 SMSIVZAM5;SMSIVZAM5 NDIS Protocol Driver;c:\progra~1\VERIZO~1\VZACCE~1\SMSIVZAM5.SYS [3/20/2009 7:03 PM 32408]
--- Other Services/Drivers In Memory ---
*NewlyCreated* - WS2IFSL
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
Cognizance REG_MULTI_SZ ASBroker ASChannel
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
2012-11-03 c:\windows\Tasks\Adobe Flash Player Updater.job
- c:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe [2012-10-31 12:46]
2010-01-05 c:\windows\Tasks\FRU Task 2003-04-10 00:56ewlett-Packard2003-04-10 00:56p psc 1200 series272A572217594EBCF1CEE215E352B92AD073FDE4257281358.job
- c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpqfrucl.exe [2003-04-09 22:56]
2012-10-31 c:\windows\Tasks\FRU Task 2003-04-10 00:56ewlett-Packard2003-04-10 00:56p psc 1200 series272A572217594EBCF1CEE215E352B92AD073FDE4258639633.job
- c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpqfrucl.exe [2003-04-09 22:56]
2012-11-04 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job
- c:\program files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-03-23 21:59]
2012-11-03 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA.job
- c:\program files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-03-23 21:59]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = hxxp://www.yahoo.com/
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
TCP: DhcpNameServer = 75.75.75.75 75.75.76.76
FF - ProfilePath - c:\documents and settings\Mike\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8ktir3hz.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.selectedEngine - Yahoo
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxp://www.yahoo.com/?r0=1263858472
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.type - 4
FF - ExtSQL: !HIDDEN! 2009-07-30 09:13; {20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b}; c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\DotNetAssistantExtension
catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2012-11-04 00:57
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS
scanning hidden processes ...
scanning hidden autostart entries ...
scanning hidden files ...
scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0
--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------
- - - - - - - > 'winlogon.exe'(924)
c:\windows\system32\ackpbsc.dll
c:\windows\system32\aclog.dll
c:\windows\system32\ACLIBEAY.dll
c:\windows\system32\acevtsub.dll
c:\windows\system32\asphat32.dll
c:\windows\system32\acerrmes.dll
c:\windows\system32\aspcom.dll
c:\program files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\Resources\Merged\acerrmrc.dll
c:\program files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\Resources\Merged\asphatrc.dll
c:\windows\system32\Ati2evxx.dll
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\IAM\Bin\ASWLNPkg.dll
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\IAM\bin\ItMsg.dll
c:\program files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\acunlock.dll
c:\windows\system32\aipingui.dll
c:\program files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\Resources\Merged\aipinguirc.dll
c:\program files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\resources\acCobAPIrc.dll
c:\program files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\Resources\Merged\acunlockrc.dll
- - - - - - - > 'explorer.exe'(6256)
c:\windows\system32\APSHook.dll
c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
c:\windows\system32\PortableDeviceTypes.dll
c:\windows\system32\PortableDeviceApi.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
c:\windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
c:\windows\System32\bcmwltry.exe
c:\windows\System32\SCardSvr.exe
c:\program files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\acevents.exe
c:\windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
c:\windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
c:\program files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
c:\program files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
c:\program files\Java\jre7\bin\jqs.exe
c:\windows\system32\HPZipm12.exe
c:\program files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
c:\program files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avshadow.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqWmiEx.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\IAM\Bin\AsGHost.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exe
c:\program files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\acevents.exe
c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\ccc.exe
c:\program files\avira\antivir desktop\ipmGui.exe
Completion time: 2012-11-04 01:01:52 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2012-11-04 05:01
Pre-Run: 89,714,147,328 bytes free
Post-Run: 90,042,228,736 bytes free
WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Pro-BootDisk-ENU.exe
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
c:\cmdcons\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
UnsupportedDebug="do not select this" /debug
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer
- - End Of File - - 3779C5FE15631E152117CA151F7A70D7

aswMBR version 0.9.9.1665 Copyright© 2011 AVAST Software
Run date: 2012-11-04 00:14:58
-----------------------------
00:14:58.421 OS Version: Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
00:14:58.421 Number of processors: 2 586 0x301
00:14:58.421 ComputerName: MICHAEL-C2A70C6 UserName: Mike
00:14:59.109 Initialize success
00:18:49.796 AVAST engine defs: 12110301
00:19:20.156 Disk 0 (boot) \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-3
00:19:20.156 Disk 0 Vendor: FUJITSU_MHZ2160BH_G2 8909 Size: 152627MB BusType: 3
00:19:20.187 Disk 0 MBR read successfully
00:19:20.187 Disk 0 MBR scan
00:19:20.218 Disk 0 Windows XP default MBR code
00:19:20.234 Disk 0 Partition 1 80 (A) 07 HPFS/NTFS NTFS 139996 MB offset 63
00:19:20.250 Disk 0 scanning sectors +286712055
00:19:20.343 Disk 0 scanning C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
00:19:39.406 Service scanning
00:20:00.640 Service SafeBoot C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\SafeBoot.sys **LOCKED** 32
00:20:10.468 Modules scanning
00:20:19.000 Disk 0 trace - called modules:
00:20:19.015 ntkrnlpa.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys hpdskflt.sys hal.dll ACPI.sys atapi.sys pciide.sys PCIIDEX.SYS
00:20:19.015 1 nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Harddisk0\DR0[0x8a525030]
00:20:19.015 3 CLASSPNP.SYS[f74f7fd7] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> [0x8a526950]
00:20:19.031 5 hpdskflt.sys[f77184e6] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\00000085[0x8a527480]
00:20:19.031 7 ACPI.sys[f735e620] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-3[0x8a560d98]
00:20:19.734 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS
00:20:25.656 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS\system32
00:24:10.703 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
00:24:31.421 AVAST engine scan C:\Documents and Settings\Mike
00:36:14.828 AVAST engine scan C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
00:39:10.453 Scan finished successfully
00:39:50.984 Disk 0 MBR has been saved successfully to "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\MBR.dat"
00:39:50.984 The log file has been saved successfully to "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\aswMBR.txt"

Sure hope these help.

#10 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 36,376 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hi Ted,

It does look good but the important thing is to know how the computer is behaving. Are you still receiving redirects or experiencing the other symptoms you described in your first post?

I would like to offer you some information and a caution regarding registry cleaners while I await your response.

Use of Registry Cleaner Not Recommended

--------------------

I notice you have Advanced Registry Optimizer installed on your computer.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

• Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

• The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.
  • Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.
  • Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.
  • Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.
  • The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".
  • Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.

If you persist in using a registry cleaner you should always backup the registry before doing so.

Things I would like to see in your next reply. :thumbsup2:

• Please describe how your computer is running

Gary

#11 chgomonitor

chgomonitor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Thanks once again for your assistance. Sadly, we are still getting search engine re-directs. They do seem to be somewhat less frequent and they are now re-directing to a different set of sites sometimes; such as "discountfind" and looksmart". The redirects also do not allow us to back page out. We also appreciate your advice regarding registry cleaners and we plan to remove the software in question. You had asked earlier if we had access to the original windows OS install discs. At this time we do not, although it is possible that at some point in the future we might be able to relocate them. Thanks a million. - Ted

#12 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 36,376 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Good morning Ted,

No need to worry about the continuing redirects, it is just a matter of time! :)

We are going to run TDSSKiller again and I will provide new instructions which includes the downloading of the needed driver. I am also going to have you run another program as well.

Are you receiving redirects with multiple browsers (i.e Internet Explorer and Firefox?). Are there other computers which connect to your router and if so are they experiencing redirects as well?

Please do this for me.

Running TDSSKiller with Changed Parameters

--------------------

• Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop
  • Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

Posted Image

• Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system
  • If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now

Posted Image
  • Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

Posted Image

• If threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwise
  • Click Continue

Posted Image

• Click Reboot computer
  • Please copy and paste the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)

ListParts by Farbar for 32 bit Systems

--------------------

• Please download ListParts.exe (for 32 bit systems) and save it to your desktop
  • Double click the Posted Image icon
  • Select Run
  • Select Scan
  • Select OK and wait for a Result - Notepad document to open on your desktop
  • Please copy and paste the contents in your reply

• Other redirects?
  • TDSSKiller log
  • ListParts log

Gary

#13 chgomonitor

chgomonitor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

I just wanted to verify that we should be doing all this stuff in normal boot mode and not in safe mode (?). We've been working in normal boot mode so far. Thanks again, we'll be working on this late tonight and get back to you. - Ted

#14 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 36,376 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hi Ted,

Yes, if possible it is best to run in Normal Mode.
Gary

#15 chgomonitor

chgomonitor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

There is another computer connected to a router for a cable modem connection, but there is no real home network at the location. We checked that other computer and it is not affected. On the infected laptop browser re-directs are happening in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. We ran TDSSKiller as directed. The log from that in the route C: directory is too long to post here via copy and paste - it's almost 350K. We did manage to save an abbreviated copy of TDSS log to the desktop. We also ran and generated a log from list parts, but it's very small. Please let us know if we should try attaching the program generated TDSSKiller log instead of posting. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users