Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some web pages not loading correctly

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pepperpotty

Pepperpotty

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem today with not being able to connect to or view certain websites correctly.

The sites in question are sites that I have viewed regularly before without any issues.

I'm able to view the sites perfectly well on my desktop PC, ipad and iphone. But I can't get them to open correctly on my laptop.

After a lengthy Google search I realised that this is a common problem and tried everything that I could but still can't get it to work.

Here are the specifics.

Browser is Google Chrome - although I have tried with Internet explorer and the same problem occurs.
Running Windows 7 64 bit

The first site I can not view correctly is www.streetlife.com

Here is an image of what I see

Posted Image

Sometimes I get an error and it can't even load the page.

This has happened with at least one other site.

So here is what I have tried.

Using another browser
Clearing the cache
Restarting laptop
Restarting modem
Checking for updates for browser and shockwave
Disabling and re-enabling shockwave
Disabling plugins
Scan for viruses
Scan for malware
Disabling virus protection (including firewall)

As I said, I can load this and other pages fine with my desktop PC so it has to be a problem with my laptop settings but I just can't seem to put my finger on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Emma

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hi Emma,

do you have the correct plugins installed to view the pages? usually chrome will popup a plugin notice at the top of the page when you dont have the correct plugins.
Some people think technology has the answers - Kevin Mitnick

#3 Pepperpotty

Pepperpotty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Yes I have the correct plug ins. I have previously been able to view this site but now I can't view it correctly on either IE or Chrome.

#4 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Do you have any extensions installed like noscript or some other type of script blocking? adblock could cause this as well.

The site you provided in your screenshot is in java
Try this Javara, with it you can update java and remove the old versions that are no longer needed. Here is a link Javara download

Edited by Hadnjury, 05 November 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#5 Pepperpotty

Pepperpotty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Then only extension I have running are for Media player and the Site advisor for Mcafee (which I tried disabling). Java is up to date but don't want to install the program you have suggested as Mcafee are warning me away from the site. I really don't think that it's a Java problem anyway. Today a new site that I have been visiting every day now suddenly won't open at all.
I am getting the below error, and I know that there is nothing wrong with the site.

Browser cannot display the webpage for: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/index.php

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
There might be a typing error in the address.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, please check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled on your browser.

Again, this is a problem with both Chrome and IE.

#6 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Sounds like you may have a virus already. You should be able to disable mcaffee site advisor. That may be what is blocking the java script from your site. I'm sure you would know if you didn't have internet connectivity. If the website was temporarily unavailable it would say that on the page and nothing would load. Its not I went to the site myself. The DNS problem would come up the same as the site being unavailable. I hope you would know if you typed the address to the site wrong. Your protocols are default unless you changed them. SingularLabs is a trustworthy site, they have an outstanding WOT(Web of Trust) rating. The downloads on this site are trustworthy and everybody I have dealt with so far on this site are too. There are some great tools in the downloads, Farbar Recovery Scan tool and Farbar Service Scanner. I recommend you run those scans and post the results in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section of the forums. Give them a few days to get back to you. Good luck

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Though I am not ruling out malware;
When I enter the Korg URL { www.korgforums.com } at this site

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/#

It says the site is down.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

yes that site is down, I was talking about streetlife

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE or HERE, and Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please copy / paste the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

#10 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

Then only extension I have running are for Media player and the Site advisor for Mcafee (which I tried disabling).

Uninstalling SiteAdvisor as a standalone installation:
Windows Vista / 7:

1.Close all web browsers.
2.Click the Windows Orb, select Control Panel, and open Programs and Features.
3.Select McAfee SiteAdvisor from the programs list, and click Uninstall.

Solution 2
Uninstalling SiteAdvisor
when it is integrated with your Security suite:
Windows Vista / 7:

1.Close all web browsers.
2.Click the Windows Orb, select Control Panel, and open Programs and Features.
3.Select your McAfee Security Suite from the programs list, and click Uninstall.
4.When prompted, select only the checkbox next to SiteAdvisor.
5.Click Remove and allow the wizard to complete.
6.Restart your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users