Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WVC80N IP Camera

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PRnate469

PRnate469

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

I have a Linksys WVC80N Ip camera that is wifi compatible, and thus how it is connected to the network also. It has a motion detect feature so when someone or something comes in front of it you have a choice for the camera to send you an e-mail that can consist of video or .jpg file. I can get this to work fine with yahoo mail. The issue is I can't get it to work with gmail. All I get is failed to send to "email.address@here.com". About a year ago I did have 2 of the same cameras work with gmail, but didn't use it due to other reason. I set them up to stream to a server and save the files there. I can do this with this camera also, but considering I don't have the server space at home right now the only option I have is motion detect. I have been on tech support level 2 with Linksys and they can't get gmail to work either, and I was just able to get the motion detect to work period today after putting it behind a linksys router (at work) instead of my home network. So my first question (before I get home and test this behind my network) is has anyone had an issue with gmail and sending mail through this or any other IP Camera using there smtp server setup? I have a smoothwall setup at home with a DDWRT installed on a Linksys WRT...something (I forget), but it's set to just be a switch, that the camera is behind. The camera there is setup as a static IP and open to send anything out through the firewall. Receiving is closed to everything unless initiated from the network itself. ISP = TWC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

I can get this to work fine with yahoo mail. The issue is I can't get it to work with gmail.

Perhaps you could just forward them from yahoo mail account instead. http://androidforums.com/android-applications/30776-forward-yahoo-mail-gmail-free.html

Tekken

#3 PRnate469

PRnate469
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

That's good to know, and happy to try it. Thanks for the information. :) I would still like to figure the issue out though. I'm assuming it's with gmail than the camera but what? I've checked the settings in gmail, and account settings also. They all seem fine to my knowledge.

#4 PRnate469

PRnate469
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Perhaps you could just forward them from yahoo mail account instead. http://androidforums.com/android-applications/30776-forward-yahoo-mail-gmail-free.html

Setting it to Asia didn't work. I set timezone to GMT+06:00 Bangladesh, Central Asia with language set to English (Australia). That thread is from 2009 though apparently. Thanks for the link though, because it was interesting to read. I don't use yahoo so just now having to get the feel of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users