Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Randy Dowling

Randy Dowling

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

I guess that I'd describe myself as a computer hobbyist, though I'm not sure that is the best description.

I've been tinkering with computers since I was about 10 years old. I have no formal training other than a few classes in high school. I've spent a lot of time helping friends and family with their computers. In the last couple of years, I've worked at a couple of small businesses that have had little to no IT support staff. This has been a plus for me, as I've been able to learn a lot through real world experience. I've learned a lot, but I still feel like my overall knowledge of computers is incomplete. I've decided to get serious about my hobby and I'd like to gain a more complete understanding of computers. In short, I'd like to fill in the blanks. My end goal is to increase my own personal satisfaction while providing myself with better opportunities in the workplace. Eventually, I'd like to be able to join the BleepingComputer.com staff.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hello and :welcome: to BleepingComputer.com!

Real world experience is of great value in the industry now and you sound like you are on your way in terms of learning. You will learn a lot from browsing our wonderful forums, I have and still continue to. If you ever have any questions don't be afraid to ask. Again welcome to bleepingcomputer, enjoy your stay. :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Randy Dowling

Randy Dowling
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hello and :welcome: to BleepingComputer.com!

Real world experience is of great value in the industry now and you sound like you are on your way in terms of learning. You will learn a lot from browsing our wonderful forums, I have and still continue to. If you ever have any questions don't be afraid to ask. Again welcome to bleepingcomputer, enjoy your stay. :)

Thanks! This website has been a valuable asset to me so far! I figured I might as well participate in one way or another!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users