Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java stops working in 1 profile

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 btcomm

btcomm

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Sometimes Java will just stop working in 1 profile. I can fix this by creating another profile and pulling data over but I wonder if there is anything in particular that might be easier than creating a new profile to fix it.

Some other information is that I've checked the IE plugins and made sure Java is active and also reset web settings and this doesn't resolve the issue.

Edited by btcomm, 30 October 2012 - 01:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Hi,

When you got the same problem try to clean the Java cache maybe it solve the problem.
How do I clear the Java cache?

Another option instead of a new profile you can remove the java folder on your profile
Open Start Menu > Run > type: %appdata%\sun
rename the java folder to java.old

Make sure your java is updated because older versions have big security flaws.
There are bad sites on the net that will try to infect computers using Java exploits.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 btcomm

btcomm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hi,

When you got the same problem try to clean the Java cache maybe it solve the problem.
How do I clear the Java cache?

Another option instead of a new profile you can remove the java folder on your profile
Open Start Menu > Run > type: %appdata%\sun
rename the java folder to java.old

Make sure your java is updated because older versions have big security flaws.
There are bad sites on the net that will try to infect computers using Java exploits.

Thanks for the reply, I tried clearing the java cache as well as deleting the whole sun folder and neither has solved it. It obviously has to be a setting somewhere in the user profile maybe even a registry entry? Neither of those suggestions solved it.

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,031 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hi,

Does java stops working completely or is a particular application/web site you use?
Check if java is working using this link

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#5 btcomm

btcomm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hi,

Does java stops working completely or is a particular application/web site you use?
Check if java is working using this link

Nope it's every site. It is as if the plugin is disabled but when you look at IE settings it's not.

#6 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,031 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Nope it's every site. It is as if the plugin is disabled but when you look at IE settings it's not.

What happens when you access the link above?

___
Rui

#7 OldFergus

OldFergus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:52 PM

btcomm:

Did you ever figure this out?

Having the same problem and its becoming absurd....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users