Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Think i have a virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 kyle25

kyle25

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hello and thank you,
I recently downloaded a GPU Meter off what i thought was a microsoft website. After downloading i ran a virus scan and it detected that it was a virus. I removed it but now i am having some problems with my computer. I will get popups on websites which i never got popups on before, and i have had an update for windows for about a week now that says it is installing every time i shut down but then when i restart it just pops up saying that that same update needs to be installed. I tried going to windows update to install in while running but it says that install failed. I am also having problems accessing things on certain websites that i never had a problem with before. I can go to websites fine, it's just that when i try to use a feature on the website it won't let me. Today when trying to log into one of my websites, the login screen just continues to load without actually bringing up the login screen. I use MSE, Malewarebytes, and SUPERAntiSpyware.

The update is Security Update for Microsoft Works 9 (KB2754670)

Download size: 2.1 MB (When trying to update i get the error code 646)

I have on idea what to do from here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,850 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

You have a reply to your duplicate topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic473538.html/

This topic is closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users