Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Back-Door BDD

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 purple

purple

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 13 November 2004 - 01:18 PM

I have Macafee antivirus and it keeps popping up to have me delete Back-Door BDD. So, I went under safe mode, after turning off system restore, and ran the virus scan, rebooted, and still it keeps popping up that I have the virus still. When I was running the virus scan, one of the things that was suppose to be deleted, couldn't because it said it was a write protected file, so hence the pop up for me to delete. Can someone tell me how to get rid of this virus? An easy way would be helpful, I don't want to ruin my computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2004 - 02:36 PM

Back-Door BDD Removal
Make sure you get the latest DAT files for your AV software and you should be able to get rid of it. HTH
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#3 purple

purple
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2004 - 04:19 PM

It says that I have the latest version, and am up to date. Could it be in a registry file? I was reading that you could damage your system if you mess around in there. All I know is that my Macafee won't delete one of the files. It says it is write protected. That is the file I need to delete, so if anyone has a fix please let me know....I am going crazy trying to get rid of this. Thanks.

#4 purple

purple
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2004 - 04:20 PM

It says that I have the latest version, and am up to date. Could it be in a registry file? I was reading that you could damage your system if you mess around in there. All I know is that my Macafee won't delete one of the files. It says it is write protected. That is the file I need to delete, so if anyone has a fix please let me know....I am going crazy trying to get rid of this. Thanks.

#5 illukka

illukka

retar.. erm retired!

• Security Colleague
  • 2,858 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 13 November 2004 - 05:03 PM

hi
does mcafee tell you the infected files path and name?

can you copy that here?

it's a backdoor and antiviruses sometimes have troubles removing those, if the removal fails again post you hijackthis log at the hjt forum here
To Ride, Shoot Straight And Speak The Truth

a retired malware fighter/teacher/advisor

#6 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:15 PM

Try this please, download, install, update and run A2 Free. It may be able to get rid of this trojan for you. HTH
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#7 purple

purple
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:48 AM

That didn't work either.

#8 purple

purple
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:12 PM

C:\WINDOWS\mfcns.exe\MFCNS.EXE. Yes, this is one of the file names. Also, Windows system 32 keeps showing up infected.

#9 illukka

illukka

retar.. erm retired!

• Security Colleague
  • 2,858 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:49 PM

hi
purple try posting you hijackthis log at the hijack forums, PM me the link to it and i'll take a look ;)

#10 purple

purple
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:36 PM

Illukka,
I'm new to this site, so tell me how to get there. :thumbsup:

#11 illukka

illukka

retar.. erm retired!

• Security Colleague
  • 2,858 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:38 AM

hi

click on this link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

be sure to read the pinned topics, as they give you instructions and how-to's on hijackthis..

once you've posted you log click the PM button at the bottom of my post and send me the url of your log :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users