Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mail not working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

I felt like I had a seamless upgrade to Windows 8. I am really impressed with how smoothly it went. I am experiencing one problem. My mail feature is not working. I synced with Microsoft and it took my email address and password. It shows it but I can't seem to get any email messages to come in.

Is anyone else having this problem. Any ideas on how to correct this would sure be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ex0syphen

ex0syphen

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

What email provider do you use?

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

#3 JazzMahn

JazzMahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Frontier Communications. Verizon sold everybody in eight states down the river. All they wanted to keep was their lucrative cell phone business.

Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I was using Outlook for my email client. I didn't want to use Windows Live (now Outlook.com). I guess I could use Gmail and bypass this entire problem. I was able to click on the Mail Tile and I had some email but now I get nothing.

Thanks for any and all suggestions

#4 ex0syphen

ex0syphen

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

When you are trying to set up your email, it is automatically setting it up or are you manually entering the mail servers and ports. If it is automatic, you might want to look up the instructions on Frontier help for manually setting it up. I know that they recently changed some email security settings, which might confuse the auto-setup.

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

#5 jfruch1

jfruch1

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Frontier Communications. Verizon sold everybody in eight states down the river. All they wanted to keep was their lucrative cell phone business.

Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I was using Outlook for my email client. I didn't want to use Windows Live (now Outlook.com). I guess I could use Gmail and bypass this entire problem. I was able to click on the Mail Tile and I had some email but now I get nothing.

Thanks for any and all suggestions

Outlook.com should work just fine in the Mail app on the Start page. That's what I use and have no problem. Outlook is a separate software program (part of MS Office) and; Windows Live Mail is a software program part of Windows Essentials 2012. I was not able to load my ISP's email service into their app however. It may be one of those apps that will only work with the 'generic' email services (like Hotmail/Outlook.com or GMail).

#6 ghostdriver

ghostdriver

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

A little advertised "perk" is that the Mail app doesn't do POP (this isn't related to your issues I think but could help others).

Check with your ISP/Mail provider to see if they have specific instructions on how to set it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users