Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to manually set PCI Slot 2 to IRQ 10.. Best Motherboard?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 HHITech

HHITech

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

How do I assign a specific IRQ number to a specific PCI slot on Windows XP Pro 32 Bit system? From what I understand ACPI needs to be disabled, preferably by way of F5 during fresh XP Install.. After this is done, do I still require a motherboard that has a setting to manually set IRQ number in it's BIOS? If so does anyone know a Socket 1155 Motherboard with this feature?

XP's ACPI feature will not be used for this system. It is being circumvented to meet necessary ends.. The card will only communicate properly with it's accompanying digital imaging system if it is operating in PCI slot 2 with IRQ 10 running windows XP pro 32 bit. Also, apparently between the comm card and the software needed to operate the device no processors with logical cores, i.e. Hyperthreaded will work.. I've seen it working properly on an HP Compaq 6005 Pro Microtower with Windows XP Pro 32 Bit with a Pentium D processor.. I only hoped there was a more modern board available, like socket 1155 with IRQ settings available as to utilize corei3 or i5 processors.. What is likely the latest generation of motherboard that will allow IRQ programming?

Edited by HHITech, 29 October 2012 - 06:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users