Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming online wont work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nashartwell

nashartwell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

For about a week and a half I have not been able to access Steam (online) or League of Legends. I don't use any other games or gaming applications that need to access the internet but I imagine that they would do the same. When I attempt to access steam I am shown a window of it trying to update. after a few seconds of the loading bar not moving I am given this message http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/uploads/monthly_10_2012/post-801925-0-38580800-1351548142_thumb.png On League of Legends I was able to update for whatever reason but after I log in it attempts to connect to server then I receive this message http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/uploads/monthly_10_2012/post-801925-0-62168300-1351548121_thumb.png I have checked each respective website of each program for solutions to the problem and I have checked other websites for solutions. My firewall is off, I have re installed both programs, I have restarted my computer, I have tried launching them with admin privileges, updated graphic drivers, copied all the files from another computer (where they worked) onto my current computer. I have tried many other things that I cannot remember and so far I have yeilded no positive results.

[Moderator edit and note: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw]

Attached Files

Edited by jgweed, 29 October 2012 - 08:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

I've noticed sometimes a game or something else wont work, if Internet Explorer is set to "work offline" have you checked that? (I dont use IE but it still sometimes changes to work offline /shrug)

DM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users