Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

runs good in safe mode.nothing works in regular mode

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 salguy

salguy

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

I was shocked when I downloaded TFC.EXE and installed it on my computer AND installed it on my friends computer too from THIS website.now we BOTH have the SAME problem. ha ha I boot to regular mode and nothing works. rightclick on taskbar and then click on taskmanager it stops. doubleclick on AOL or mirosoft update and the hourglass goes around forever. I tried to print something and the printer is gone.I cannot start adaware or avast. sometimes the taskbar loads but most of the time in does not. it is getting worse.. I hope you can help get this thing running.
windows xp home 32bit sp3 thanks again SAL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

Can you boot into Safe mode with Networking?

You said that nothing works. Please offer more description, what does not work? Can you run or install apps?

If you can get into safe mode with networking try a boot scan with Avast and post the results. (Make sure that Avast is up to date first)

See here if you need help getting to Safe Mode.

#3 salguy

salguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

thank you for reply. I could not answer you on infected computer. I am using laptop. I tried to copyed and paste address and nothing happened.I cannot update or run avast . I try to boot scan and restart but it wont do it. It just boots up to regular mode. I click on aol or internet explorer and hourglass goes forever. In safe mode I ran hitmanpro36 and it found cookies.I ran malwarebytes and it said clean.I tried to install adaware that I had on desktop. I double click to open it. then hit run and it says the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation. Thats what I get when I try to do anything. It let me run adw cleaner, eset, and drweb. drweb found the two trojans.Thank you if you have any ideas. SAL

#4 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Lets try a hunch I have. See if you can log in as another user. If you don't have another user set up log off and hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice and change the user to Administrator with no password and see if you can do much in another user. If you have a log or can list what drweb found please do so.

#5 salguy

salguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Dr_Web Anti-virus - How To Remove Virus (Trojan_DownLoader6_32187) - [DRWEBHK_COM].mht

HELLO Again I am no way no how A computer geek ha I have been trying to copy and paste the website on this page ???
Tell me if it works. I am on another computer.not the infected one. I sign in safe mode as administrator and it prevents me from updating or boot scan avast thanks SAL

#6 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Lets try something and see how it goes.

Download

Rkill

Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
If using Vista or Win. 7, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
A black DOS box will show and then disappear (wait for it to go away). This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
If the tool does not run, please let me know. Or if it seems to have taken to long.

Do not reboot the computer until you have run the applications listed below, otherwise you will have to run Rkill again.
Post the log that Rkill makes, on your desktop, in your next post.

After Rkill runs see if you can run Avast.
If you can please update Avast and run a boot scan. Post the results.

Weather or not the boot scan runs lets also try ESET:

Download

ESET online scanner

Install it

Click on START, it should download the virus definitions
When scan completes, click on LIST of found threats

Export the list to desktop, copy the contents of the text file in your reply
You may not get a listing if nothing is found

Let me know how this goes and post all logs, if any.

#7 salguy

salguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Hi downloaded RKILL it was clean. I was able to run avast boot scan in regular mode. It was clean. I can't find a way to ge results. I downloaded ESET and ran it. There was no click on list?? It was clean. I can not update avast. I can not use systom restore. I was going to try that reset to the last time it was working OK. thanks SAL

#8 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

How are things running now? If you are having any problems please give a detailed description.

You will find a Avast scan log in the scan menu.
Eset won't give a log if it is clean.
Do you get an error when you try to update Avast?
You may have to reinstall Avast.
If you do a system restore point we will need to rescan for malware.

#9 salguy

salguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hello thank you for the reply.
With avast I click on logs and I see results but nowhere to copy log or copy and paste. When I try to update avast It says updating and initializing the entire time I was eating dinner. I tried system restore. There was one restore point and it said the RPC server is unavalible. error code is 0x000006ba.
I tried sfc /scannow That went half way and then stoped and restarted the computer.
I can not do anything in regular mode I click on anything, internet explorer,a program to run, anything. And it just hangs. goodnite SAL

#10 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

I would like to try sfc again. It may require your OS disk.
I think we probably have gotten rid of the malware. We are now dealing with the cranky os which may be corrupted by malware.
Let me know how the sfc scan does.

#11 salguy

salguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hi sfc /scannow or sfc /scanonce will not run. the box will not come up. I tried in safe mode and regular... bye SAL

#12 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

I think it may be time for the xp experts to have a look.

Please post Here and copy "http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic473449.html" into your first post.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Best of luck!

Edited by Jimbob85, 01 November 2012 - 10:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users