Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win 7 live mail duplicate emails -43,000 of them!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dizzy blonde

dizzy blonde

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

I am having a complete nightmare with now having over 43,000+ emails in my win live mail! I don't know why its happened, sadly I don't have that many friends! all I do know is that I have so many because I have many many duplicates of the same message! It hasn't added any other duplicates for a few weeks so prob has stopped but now I need to delete them!
I know that I can follow the normal deleting process, highlight all the duplicates and the un-highlight one copy to keep but I am going to be doing that forever, and when I have done this I keep getting the error 'message could not be deleted' but with so many highlighted to delete I have to go through them all one by one to find the problem message! :blink:
I have found available software but not for using with Windows live mail, I am more than happy to buy something if needs be but I just need to get rid of these messages!
It doesn't help that I am in a rush, a recent crash on my laptop was apparently caused by malware and I have been instructed to complete a full recovery! I can't backup 43000+ emails, I certainly don't want to import them all back again after the recovery!
Please, please, if someone can kindly share any pearls of wisdom with me, it would be so very much appreciated. I may be a 'dizzy blonde' at the moment, but I am turning in to a 'completely crazy' one if I have to keep trying to delete them the old 'delete' way! :crazy:
If there is nothing for win Live mail, is there a way I could move them all to another program and use one of the duplicate programs for that?
B) Thanks members, I don't have fantastic computer knowledge, but this is so annoying!! I'm not confident in some of the free software available, after my experience with malware attack I am even more unsure of what is safe!

Edited by hamluis, 29 October 2012 - 04:36 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hi,

Try with MailStore Home its free for personal use.
I recommend to install the program as Portable because it will be self contained in one folder easy to backup or move to another machine.

When you import (archive) the mail by default the program will ignore/remove all the duplicated messages.

If you have questions about the program please ask.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hi -
A couple of Quick questions -
Are the 43000+ emails all recent and legit type emails. or is there a lot of Spam included among this collection ??

Have you ever opened any Spam (Mr Mustafa from Africa) type emails recently and clicked on a link, in the emails that keep repeating ??
Are these all from Genuine contacts or do you get a lot of advertising email that keeps repeating ??
What Antivirus and Firewall programs do you use, and do you have any extra Antimalware programs installed ??

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users