Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upside Down Display Prevention?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bakuryuuha

Bakuryuuha

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:50 PM

I've been the victim of the "upside down" display a few times, sometimes even tipped 90 degrees one way or the other. I do know how to fix it, however...

My question is, is there a way to prevent it from happening at all? If I'm in a fullscreen game and I end up doing it, when I fix it, I cannot alt+tab out of the game window without closing it, and after I close it I have to reset my desktop resolution to what it was beforehand (it automatically sets it to the screen resolution the game runs at).

I apologize if this has been covered, but I searched and found no relevant material...

Thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bakuryuuha

Bakuryuuha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:30 AM

Sorry for the double post, however, I have solved the issue and wish to share information on how I went about doing it.

The system I have uses a SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems) IGP graphics controller model either SiS661FX or SiS760 (both are compatible with this solution). So this fix is mainly for users with this graphics controller.

Their download website: http://www.sis.com/download/

Select your Operating System, the type of driver you need (for this solution, obviously one of the graphics drivers), and then your graphics controller's chipset. Go through the license agreement, then once you agree you can select a download location from a list of countries, and once that's done it should begin download.

When you finish downloading, open it with WinZip or WinRAR, and extract it (to desktop is easy enough, but this is at the discretion of the user). Run the Setup utility. It may ask if you wish to uninstall your current driver. It is advisable that you do, as this will make the install of the new driver cleaner. It will prompt you to restart, this is also advised. Once you restart, rerun the setup utility. Select "Custom Install" and scroll down and check the box next to "Screen Rotation." (I am not sure if this step is necessary. This allows you to still change your screen rotation, but it needs to be done through the utility program it installs with the driver). Once it installs, you'll need to restart again, and you should be finished!

Note: I am NOT a computer expert, this is just the solution that worked for me. It may not work for you the way it did for me, it may not work at all, it may make the situation worse. I am sorry if it does not fix your problem, but I cannot be held reliable for it. If you do have questions, feel free to ask, as I would like to help if I am able.

Take care ^.^

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:06 AM

To reverse the upside down screen mode on some monitors, press ctrl, alt and the up arrow (arrows console) at the same time. The screen will go blank. Turn off the monitor, turn it on again and the display should be normal.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:08 PM

Yes, but the updated driver should stop the screen rotation from occuring by itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users