Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Static IP changes back to DHCP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hellbringer616

hellbringer616

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

I am having an issue with a computer of mine. It is randomly changing from a static IP to a DHCP one, Problem is that it's my media server. So although i can fix it fairly easily, It is annoying. it also happens for no particular reason, I can reboot 10 times and it'll stay the same, but after a day or two or three even (seems random) it just flops back. i've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for it and got nothin. Any ideas?

Already scanned with Malware Bytes and it said i was golden

Edited by hellbringer616, 29 October 2012 - 08:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The_Outkast

The_Outkast

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

When you notice that your pc has changed to DHCP, does it appear as if it may have rebooted since the last time you worked on it? Have you checked the event logs to see if there is any indication of what may be happening?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users