Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

using partition for gaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

HI,I have PC that appears to have about a 40GB partition on drive D,can i use it for playing games
and how would i go about doing this,these are the spec's of my PC.
DELL E521,2GB of ram,Nvidia GS7300 card,32"HDTV,wireless mouse,comcast hispeed internet,thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dacar92

Dacar92

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

You could use that space to install the games, that's about it. But 40Gb is not very much. I am not sure what games you're playing but some can take 15Gb HD space. Most don't but some do. It's still the same processor, memory, etc.

However sometimes computer makers will partition a drive and use it for backups. You're better off backing up to a flash drive or another external drive rather than just a separate partition.
What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

#3 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

HI,I was just curious about i could with my existing PC,its only a DELL E521 with 2GB of ram,Nvidia 7300gs video card so it will probably not play
to many games.
I finally bought a external HDD after having a HDD going bad on me,still have HDD but need adapter to hook up to this DELL E521 to see if i can down load
the stuff i have on it,thanks for input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users