Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

- Please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 red_sky

red_sky

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

Why do some protocols in the transport layer Udp protocol to use ?

how many are Daily switches ?
For example, the switches Layer 2 , Layer 3, Layer 4, Layer 7

How Traceroute Works?

Packet header at the transport layer in what will change ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

I hope this is the answer your looking for.. First question UDP is "send and forget" its much faster than TCP. Good for DNS, DHCP, TFTP, SNMP, RIP, VOIP etc.... TCP is a "Request/Acknowlege" connection it establishes a connection to the Computer and negotiates request, acknowelge, transmit, aknowlege, error checking, etc.. TCP is best for HTTP, HTTPs, FTP, SMTP Telnet etc...See Here and Here

The second question I am afraid I dont understand.

Traceroute works by sending a ICMP packet to the destination host. Everytime the ICMP packet hits a router a return ICMP packet is sent giving the sender the information of the router. Each traceroute sends out a sequence of packets increasing the TTL value each time. This will tell you how many routers and networks your packet transverses before it gets to its destination.

The Data packet header contains the source and destination IP, protocol information, and Packet frame size. See here
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 red_sky

red_sky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Thank you very much
But about my second question,my purpose was : How many are delay switches?
All questions about I need more description, if you have articles about , please introduce me
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users