Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Install issues - Office 2010 Home/Student on XP - SP3 machine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sobobapotomas

Sobobapotomas

• Validating
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

I've run into an install problem with a newly purchased Office 2010 Home/Student download to an XP - SP3 machine. The install returns a error 1920 Service 'Office software protection platform failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient priviledges to start system services.' The instal was under normal mode...all attempts have been under normal mode.

So I've peruse the MS forums and have created a new Admin user account. I've looked for the referenced entry under services and not found it. I've utilized both an MS auto fix tool and the manual version twice....all after running a form recommended removal tool called offscrub10 for a clean install (all occasions)...and....I've gone into regedit (forum advice for Windows 7) and followed through (sim) instructions to create a Network Service with full control permissions....all to no avail. BC has helped me in the past. I'm hoping they can help me again by providing useful and helpful advice.

Thanks...as always....seems I'm becoming a regular....bleh.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

Download

Windows repair tool

Extract and launch the Repair_Windows.exe file

Click on Start repairs tab-click on Start

check mark following options alone

Reset registry permissions
Reset file permissions
Register system files

Checkmark Restart System When Finished option
click the Start button

System should restart after repair

Try to install now.

#3 Sobobapotomas

Sobobapotomas
  • Topic Starter

• Validating
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Hello and thank you....person of indeterminate gender....you are genius......scuze me...while I kiss the sky.....

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

You're welcome :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users