Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery meter reading incorrectly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glynnmania

glynnmania

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

I have just replaced the battery in my laptop, and since then my battery meter has been reading incorrectly. I have drained the battery and let it recharge to 100% a couple of times to let it recalibrate. But the meter will still show a constant charge percentage (i.e. showing 92% for an hour).

I have a Toshiba Satelite, running Windows 7. I changed the battery because my computer gave me a warning that the last battery was going bad and wasn't holding a charge.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

maybe you just go a really good battery ,what does it read after 2 or 3 hrs or just before it shuts off because it dead

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 glynnmania

glynnmania
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

It will read the same number, like 92% and then die. The problem is that the battery percentage change never registers with the computer.

#4 glynnmania

glynnmania
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Any more help?

#5 minnie1967

minnie1967

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

My computer showed the battery plugged in but not charging. I popped it out for 15 seconds and put the battery back in and now it shows charging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users