Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem installing windows live messenger

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mac76

Mac76

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

I had windows messenger a few months ago, and I uninstalled it, as I no longer used it. Now, I wanted to install it again, and I'm having problems. First it told me it was already installed. So, I checked, and it was gone from my unistall programs list. Well, I deleted the folders and everything, and then it let me install windows messenger 2011, but it told me that wldlog.dll was missing. I downloaded "my uninstaller" and uninstalled messenger 2011 and ran msn repair (I had difficulty using it since it was in spanish). I tried downloading windows messenger 2011 again, and it told me it had installed successfully, but I couldn't find it anywhere! It's not in my program list or in folders in my program files. I tried to install windows messenger 2009, and it told me that I already have a newer version installed. Can someone help me with this, please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

What operating system are you running?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Mac76

Mac76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Windows Vista service pack 2.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Go to Start > Run> type or copy and paste msnmsgr.exe and then press Enter.

Edited by dc3, 29 October 2012 - 09:29 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Mac76

Mac76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

This is what showed up: 080512 Registration entries

I selected it, and all it did was said it added the value to the registry.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

wldlog.dll was missing

See this http://blog.meidianto.com/2010/10/03/windows-live-essentials-2011-msnmgr-exe-error-the-program-cant-start-because-wldlog-dll-is-missing-from-your-computer-try-reinstalling-the-program-to-fix-problem/

Tekken

#7 Mac76

Mac76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

wldlog.dll was missing

See this http://blog.meidianto.com/2010/10/03/windows-live-essentials-2011-msnmgr-exe-error-the-program-cant-start-because-wldlog-dll-is-missing-from-your-computer-try-reinstalling-the-program-to-fix-problem/

Ok, so I went to the link above and did as it said and looked in prog. files/windows live/shared, but I couldn't find the wldlog files. I tried to uninstall messenger, and even downloaded my uninstaller again, and it is nowhere to be found.....I have the folders but no Messenger! In the windows live messenger folder I have a file called wlsetupweb, but when I try to run it, it tells me I already have messenger, along with other windows live programs, installed.

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

Did you follow the instructions from this KB article on how to completely remove WLE 2011? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938275

Tekken

#9 Mac76

Mac76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

Yes, I did. I think together we have solved this problem. I ran my uninstaller once again and could not find windows live or messenger in the list. So, I opened ccleaner and looked on the uninstall list, and there were multiple windows live programs there that I thought I had deleted. I uninstalled all of them, re-installed messenger, followed the instructions to fix the wldlog files, and voila, I have messenger! Thank you guys so much! I really appreciate it, as I was getting frustrated. I had tried and tried and tried to fix this before I posted on here. Thanks again!

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,850 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for letting us know you were finally successful. :thumbup2:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#11 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Great effort on your part Mac, thanks for sharing back it worked. :)

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users