Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Input On Mailwasher, Please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 honu1

honu1

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:52 PM

Hi there! :thumbsup:
I've been getting an influx of spam to my email accounts lately. I heard of a download for Mailwasher, but need more information. I'm not sure who offers this + if it's a free service or not. Sounded like a good product as I can "train" it to learn what I feel is unwanted spam at my mailboxes.

Anyone out there know of or ever use it? :flowers:

Thanks
honu1
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,833 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:15 PM

honu1,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer,

I use Firetrust's Mailwasher Pro. It works well for my applications. It is not free though. Here is a link for you to research and see if it is what you need. MailWasher® Pro Overview link

Be (Anti-Spam) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

Here's a similar ap, Eprompter, that IS freeware and actually works better for me than Mailwasher did (although I had the freeware Mailwasher a long time ago and it was quirky)

This ap will also do Hotmail and Gmail and many others as well as your ISP's pop3 accounts. It will monitor up to 16 accounts.

http://www.eprompter.com/

Edited by Enthusiast, 21 March 2006 - 12:38 AM.

#4 ssfire

ssfire

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:15 PM

Hi Honu1

Just to add a 3rd to the list that you might check out:

http://www.poppeeper.com/

Like the others, it supports multiple different types of accounts and it's free. I've had good luck with it so far. It's easy to set up and very easy to use. Had good luck with ePrompter too. Never tried MailWasher.

#5 honu1

honu1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:41 PM

Thanks everyone for your input :thumbsup:
Now I've got 2 more sites to consider-lol! I don't really mind paying for a service as long as it does what it's supposed to. My main concern is keeping my system as safe as possible! :flowers:

Again, thanks for all your help. :trumpet:

honu1
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users