Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Failed to load photo" error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shortmantuff

shortmantuff

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

I am in the process of moving files from my old computer to an external hard drive to put on my new computer. I put a bunch of folders with pictures in them into just one folder. I moved this folder to the desktop. (I wasn't thinking-I should have just copied the folder from 'My Pictures' to my external hard drive). I also moved a folder of mine containing word documents. Now I am unable to view the pictures (Error "Failed to load photo" comes up) and I can no longer view my word documents anymore. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Did you check the default programs for opening these files?

What's the Word error message?

In any case...move the folder from the desktop...then run chkdsk /r command on the partition to which you move the folder.

How much RAM installed? How much free space on Windows partition?

Louis

#3 shortmantuff

shortmantuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

I figured it out. I had to give myself permission for each of the folders. Weird. I could view everything before but once I moved them to my desktop it wouldn't let me.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Glad you sorted it...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users