Slowness can be related to software, hardware, temperature, or malware. So far you report that Eset and malware scans are negative. Let's take a look at some other possibilities.
1. ) To help us get a better look at your computer's hardware, please download and install Speccy
by Piriform. (mirror site
- During installation, uncheck "Install the free Google Toolbar along with Speccy."
- Let the computer run for 10-15 minutes before publishing a snapshot so we can see the internal temperatures before it slows.
- Run Speccy and from the top menu, select File --> Publish Snapshot. Click "Yes" to proceed.
- Click, Copy to Clipboard and paste this address into your next post.
2. ) Please download MiniToolBox
, save it to your Desktop, and run it.
Check the following checkboxes:
- List content of Hosts
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Please click Go
. Post the result (Result.txt
). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
3. ) Enter Setup and test the hard drive:
- Turn on or restart the computer.
- Before Windows opens and while "Press <F10> to enter setup" is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen, press F10.
- Arrow over to the Diagnostics Menu, then test the hard drive.
- Please report any errors.