Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhone 4S contacts getting deleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Khirrkee

Khirrkee

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hi, every so often, contact details that I have entered in my iPhone 4S disappear mysteriously and I can't find them in my Contacts on the phone. Is it because my iPhone is syncing with iCloud and iTunes and somewhere a command is overriding entries I have made in my iPhone? Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narins

narins

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

Hi, every so often, contact details that I have entered in my iPhone 4S disappear mysteriously and I can't find them in my Contacts on the phone. Is it because my iPhone is syncing with iCloud and iTunes and somewhere a command is overriding entries I have made in my iPhone? Thanks for your help.

Make sure you only sync your iPhone contacts to a single account (i.e. iCloud only or Outlook/Email only via iTunes) as otherwise the problem you describe could indeed appear. Here is more about how to go about sorting your iPhone contacts disappear issue. Hope this helps.

#3 mariosarry

mariosarry

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

Make sure you only sync your iPhone contacts to a single account (i.e. iCloud only or Outlook/Email only via iTunes) as otherwise the problem you describe could indeed appear. Here is more about how to go about sorting your iPhone contacts disappear issue. Hope this helps.

I think my easiest way is:

1-settings
2-mail,contacts
3-choose from the Accounts the one you want to delete its contacts from your iphone for example Yahoo.

Edited by mariosarry, 14 March 2013 - 01:42 AM.

#4 Agglomerate

Agglomerate

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Try syncing everything with iTunes, to an outlook account, and then syncing back. Then in iCloud settings disable contacts. This could perhaps solve your problem, or as an above poster said, if you are syncing with more than one account, this could likely happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users