Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU spikes / maxes out for no apparent reason

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 daulton101

daulton101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

For the last 2 or 3 days my CPU has been spiking to 100% for no apparent reason. It causes the entire computer to stutter (mouse/keyboard input, audio, video) for 5-10 seconds and behaves a lot like internet lag, giving a few frames or sounds while frozen. It happens at random times, it doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing (web browsing, gaming, even listening to music with the screen off). At the bottom of Task Manager it says CPU Usage: 100%, but when I look at the processes, their usage never adds up to more than 20% or so, even when playing a game. I have a pretty good rig overall but the processor is middle of the pack at best (AMD Athlon II X4 640, 3 Ghz)

I've already scanned with multiple antivirus programs and came up clean. If there are any logs I should upload just tell me, I don't do this a lot.

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Download Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Download MiniToolBox and select all options.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users