Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video playback trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Calvinder

Calvinder

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hello
I am having problems with choppy / slow / fast video.\playback.
I am not talking about streaming. It is when I splay a avi, mp4 or even worse an mkv. It happens in VLC player , media player classic, windows media player and center. I have the latest ffdshow Codecs. as well as Klite and the latest versions of all the players.also it is worse with higher quality video
I am running win764bit, Amd 140 processor 2.70 GHz 6.00GB ram and a ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series Graphics card.

This problem seems to be worse since I did a clean install of windows with all its updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Calvin
Oops forgot to say latest drivers for the graphics card.

Edited by Calvinder, 26 October 2012 - 11:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

I have discovered it must be a software or codec problem.
I have another installation of win 7 ultimate 64 bit on another drive in the same machine. if I boot to it playback is fine.

#3 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Well I fixed it. I was reading many forums on this issue one said that codecs can become locked wile and after playing video. So in order to remove them you should re boot and remove codecs before playing any video. One other talked about running Ccleaner on the registry after removing codecs. So I uninstalled all video software (VLC MPC) then unistalled all codecs and codec packs that are not stock with win 7. rebooting in between.
Afrer the last reboot I ran Ccleaner on applications and the registry. Re installed VLC Midea player and all is well. Hope this helps someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users