Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hurricane/Tropical storm Sandy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

This is an open topic.

Please feel free to share both text and images of this Atlantic Ocean storm named Sandy.

As most of the eastern United States residents know there is a storm in the western Atlantic Ocean named Hurricane Sandy (As of the date of this post, Sandy is still classified as a category 1 hurricane.

Although Sandy may soon become a tropical storm or tropical depression, it is still capable of causing some type of damage some where along the eastern United States coast line.

Please feel free to share what you can with the rest of us.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

Latest information on Hurricane Sandy (as of 5pm ET, next update at 8pm):

- About 270 miles southeast of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina
- About 530 miles south of New York City
- Maximum sustained winds of 75 miles per hour (120 km/h)
- Currently moving northeast at 15 miles per hour (24 km/h)

Good luck to all in the areas that may be affected -

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

I looked for and was able to view some beach cams earlier...Virginia Beach, etc.
I suspect now the servers for those cams are all over taxed because I am having trouble now
pulling them up. That's to be expected...its happened before.

The scariest warning I've seen is that of the chance of NYC's subways being flooded. I understand they
are being shut down later today. If they do flood, the prediction I read said the transit system could be down
for 1 to 2 months. Then there is BC's servers....and Grinler to be concerned about....a little...:)
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

It's ruining my ability to accomplish much in the way of work around here....

Posted Image

#5 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Tomorrow is going to be fun during my commute to school.. Wind is expected to pick up quite a bit tonight as well as the rain hopefully I don't get blown off the road.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Maintainig 40 mph winds with 60 - 70 mph gusts. Eains is still falling.. We had land fall at about 6pm.
The eye should pass by soon and then the tail wrap around as it heads in to central Jersey and then turns north.

Lights keep flickering but are still on.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

At my house here in Norwich Connecticut, the winds howled on and off from about 12:00 PM until 6:30 PM.

The worst was around 5:30 PM. We had very little rain and I spent most of my time doing live videos with my cell phone.

We were fortunate not to loose power through out the entire storm, although there was a 30 minute period I went through having my computer booted transfering 3 GB of videos from my phone that I was worried the power would go out during that transfer. However that never happened.

I am one of the fortunate ones to live in a town that has its own utility company and eletrical restoration is often quite quick for us.

Bruce.

Please excuse any typos in this post.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#8 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

My love and compassion goes out to everyone affected by this storm :(

#9 HydroLar

HydroLar

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

In Storrs, CT the wind knocked down a few trees, in fact a small one fell on my house but there was no damage. The worst part was losing power for 25 hours - and I was lucky I got power back so soon.

HydroLar
Posted Image

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users