Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Restore removal - not sure it worked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 kamarie111

kamarie111

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

After I thought I had gotten rid of the File Restore Hard Drive virus today (using your tutorial which was a big help), I was able to finally get out of safe mode and open windows normally. It came up with all my icons back on the screen and it looked good. It was up for about 30 sec. and then automatically rebooted. When it came up again it looked good and I opened Outlook Express. It started to open and then the screen went dark gray and I could not shut it down with ctrl alt del, or with my mouse. I'm back in safe mode now and the icons are all showing up again and it seems ok. What's going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CStew23

CStew23

• Members
  • 1,484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Hi,

Can you follow the steps here? - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html
Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!
If you have not heard from me in 48 hours please use this and send me a PM reminder.

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users