Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 PC with IE & PC Slowdown (Big time)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Michaeli

Michaeli

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

I am running a Windows 7 PC that suddenly when doing ANYTHING within Internet Explorer, is running EXTREMELY slow. This would include cursor movements, clicking on menu items within IE, or even staggered movement when moving the IE Window. I ran a internet speed test through Speedtest.net and am getting about 20% speed of what I normally receive.

If I close IE, and run FIREFOX, everything is pretty quick, no delays, and no lagging. AND when running a speedtest through speedtest.net, everything is normal. The problem appears to be something odd with ID (Virus? Malware install?). Even clicking on X to close the browser window takes a few seconds to respond. It also appears to affect other programs as well, bringing the whole PC to a halt. Yet, when checking the Task Manager, everything appears "normal" (no load on CPU). I have also attempted to disable all add ons.

I have run Norton Internet Seuciry (FULL scan), Malware Bytes (FULL scan), performed a RegInOut System cleanup, and run a "Microsoft Safety Scanner" (FULL Scan). I have removed any UN-necessary ad-ons and toolbars, no difference. Cleared cache, no difference. PC Was recently cleaned out (dust). IE Version is 9.0.8112.16421

Looking forward to some help, you guys are fantastic! Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

Try this and see if it helps.

Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer.
If you use Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run. Type the following command in the Open box, and then press Enter:
inetcpl.cpl
If you use Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click Start
Start button
Type the following command in the Search box, and then press Enter:
inetcpl.cpl
The Internet Options dialog box appears.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.

Click to select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
Start Internet Explorer again.

See if that helps. NOTE: deleting cookies and or passwords may remove saved data for some of your favorite web sites, like your bank or credit card.

#3 Michaeli

Michaeli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Jimbob(85),

THANK YOU! That did it!

You guys are fantastic! Please do not under estimate how appreciated you guys really are! You guys are fantastic!!! Much appreciated!

Michael.

#4 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Very glad to hear that it worked. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words!

#5 Michaeli

Michaeli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

You are most welcome for the kind words, well deserved! Isn't there somewhere around here that one can make a "donation" or something?? I'm not rich, but still, I think anything is better than nothing... I thought I saw something along my stumbles at one point... ? Where do the donations go? Do you know?

Thanks!

Michael.

#6 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

I know that some of the members, especially those who are on the Malware Response Team do except donations, but other than that I'm not sure.

Just that you are willing to make a donation is thanks enough and why most of us enjoy helping people like yourself! :thumbup2:

#7 Michaeli

Michaeli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

Thank you, and happy fixings! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users