Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'scan' Infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TimBiggs

TimBiggs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:13 PM

hey guys,
i recently made the big mistake of leaving my computer alone with my download-addicted friend who's computer has recently died.
i dunno where it came from, but now whenever the computer starts up, a popup box titled 'scan' displays intermittently with the windows installer, until eventually the 'insert disk' pop-up box displays.
any attempt to cancel the installer just results in it starting again, and the only way to stop it is to use the task manager, which is painstaiking given the amount of RAM the installer appears to occupy.
i cant physically find the file that is responsible, and Anti-Vir, Ad-Aware and SpyBot say the pc is clean.
does anybody know what i have?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users