Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what other software does Kingsoft Office need?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Just like title and description, since the company will not respond to the question,
Does Kingsoft Office Suite require .NET Framework, or Visual C++ Redistributables in order to install and work?

My old notebook computer with Windows XP s.p. 3 does not have .NET and does not (or not supposed to) have Visual C++ Redistributables, and I do not want to install them, because that old notebook computer is old and slow and has limited hard disc capacity. The idea is to try the Kingsoft Office on the old computer and test it, before trying on the newer notebook computer (which does have the .NET and some C++ Redistr.s) with Windows Vista.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

I don't follow your logic. Why not put on the new machine and uninstall if it's no good? If you put it on the old machine, would you uninstall anyway if it's no good? If you install it on the old machine and it's slow, what will that tell you? Nothing.

Edited by Nanobyte, 31 October 2012 - 07:19 AM.

#3 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

I don't follow your logic. Why not put on the new machine and uninstall if it's no good? If you put it on the old machine, would you uninstall anyway if it's no good? If you install it on the old machine and it's slow, what will that tell you? Nothing.

The emphasis is on software requirements. Would Kingsoft Office need software beyond just the operating system, or would it need additional software such as .NET or C++ Redistributables?

Regarding installing and uninstalling if the program is unsatisfactory, I want to only install software onto the newer machine if I intend to keep it and use it and will not take chances on that machine. I try to test how is a piece of software on the old machine first if I'm not sure about it. IF Kingsoft Office can work on Windows XP with no other additional required packages, then I can test on the older slower computer and not put the newer computer at any risk.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

http://www.wpsoffice.com/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users