Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Antenna?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 GeorgyPorgy12

GeorgyPorgy12

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about wireless internet. I live in an apartment building and there are wireless signals all around me. For a while, I was able to get my internet access from someone who lived down the hall with an unsecured wireless network, but he moved out and since then all the signals around me are security-enabled. However if I open my door and go down the hall a bit, I'm able to pick up another unsecured wireless network that's quite strong. I've tried picking it up in my apartment, but the signal is not strong enough. So I'm wondering, is there such thing as an antenna or other device that I could plug into my laptop that would help me pick up wireless signals that are far away? Any help would be appreciated!

George

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

HI,
The unauthorized use of an unsecured network is illegal in most countries. Since we cannot determine what state or country you are located in from your topic, Bleeping Computer will err on the side of caution for our members.

Discussion of how to conduct illegal activity is prohibited by forum rules.
From here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/welcome-guide/
Do not ask questions that are illegal in nature.

So this topic is being locked.

If you have any questions on this matter or if you feel it was locked in error or due to a misunderstanding of information provided you can PM any Moderator.

Thank You
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users