Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Post Cant boot past bios

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ident

ident

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Maybe in relation to this thread a while ago that Allen was kindly helping me with. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic467548.html/page__p__2830141#entry2830141

Just freezes, No prior warning. esc to boot mode says loading then freezes.

Was previously saying HD failure is imminent please back up. Tried unplugging both HD and rebooting leaving one connected, Removed one of the rams, unplugged all USB's, reset bio battery.

Any thing else i can do?

All i want is the HD files but not got another tower here. Not paying a PC shop 50 an hour to recover the data.

system info

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jammyone11

jammyone11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

hi there i retreve HD data for my friends do you have the make model and serial code of your hard drive ?? email me at hot mail co uk

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Hi -
Post a full snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at -
You could also list the full Make and Model of computer

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy <<Follow These Directions

Thank You -

EDIT - This will give full details like >>
Hard Drives WDC WD5000AAKS-00V1A0
Manufacturer: - Western Digital
Form Factor: - GB/3.5-inch - Business Unit/Brand: - Desktop/WD
Caviar®Heads: - 16 - Cylinders: - 16383
SATA type: - SATA-II 3.0Gb/s

Edited by noknojon, 27 October 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

hi there i retreve HD data for my friends do you have the make model and serial code of your hard drive ?? email me at hot mail co uk

For the protection of the memberxhip....we do not suggest conducting forum business via email, on a personal basis.

Many heads are better than one...when it comes to solving the unknown re computer systems...and any member trying to resolve a problem via email with a stranger...has no idea of the competence/intent of the person he/she is responding to.

If mistakes or just plain bad suggestions are made in the forum, these tend to be recognized and corrected by the more knowledgeable/more experienced eyes of the membership-at-large, thus overcoming what could be unpleasant for any member communicating in private with another member.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users