Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lap top will not connect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rwmitch65

Rwmitch65

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hi Rare vister here. If this in not in the right spot feel free to move it.

Just bought a new Acer laptop Aspire V5

Got it home and first thing was to make the back up disk and system restore, down loaded Chrome and all the updates for windows 7.

Here is the problem. Went to log on to our wireless network and will not connect keep getting the error that the router security has been changed.

Now its the Wireless Network connection doesn't have a valid ip configuration.
We have other wireless devices in the house and they work just fine. The lap top did the first time I started it up.

It is a Netgear DSL Router model B90 From our DSL carrier Frontier. I do have a service call in to them but hoping to get some more idea.
I did turn it off for a while and when I turned it back on we had no internet connection at all. After letting it sit turned off for about an hour it seems to be working just fine now. So do not want to try that again.

Thanks For any idea.

Bob M

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

You might not be entering the correct password key for your wifi connection. Make sure your laptop and router has set the same encryption key - WPA/WPA2.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users