) What is the make
and model number
of your computer?
) What was "new
" just before the BSODs
started (i.e. new hardware, software, malware, error messages)?
) I would like to have a more detailed look at your recent
minidump files. I will ask you to zip
(compress) the most recent minidumps and attach them to your next post following the instructions below.
Please navigate to the the Windows Minidump folder.
- C:\Windows\Minidump <== this folder .
- Note that the first 6 digits of each minidump file indicate the date ( 102412-10935-01.dmp).
- Highlight the 10 most recent minidump files, right mouse click and select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A Compressed (zipped) folder will appear in the Windows\Minidump folder.
- When you click Add Reply for your next post, you will have the option to attach the compressed folder (see bottom, left).
- Please attach the Compressed (zipped) folder by browsing to the Windows\Minidump folder
- Note: The Bleeping Computer Forum has a 512K upload limit on file size.
- See how to Manage Your Attachments to delete old attachments.
) To help us get a better look at your computer's hardware, please download and install Speccy
by Piriform. (mirror site
- During installation, uncheck "Install the free Google Toolbar along with Speccy."
- Run Speccy and from the top menu, select File --> Publish Snapshot. Click "Yes" to proceed.
- Click, Copy to Clipboard and paste this address into your next post.
) Please download MiniToolBox
, save it to your Desktop, then run it.
Put a check in the following checkboxes:
- List content of Hosts
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Devices
- Only Problems
and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.