Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC SHUTS~DOWN QUICKLY AFTER STARTUP!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ardavak

ardavak

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

please help me out guys,i suddenly encountered this strange prob while i was playing crysis 2 on windows 7 today. I've got both xp and win7 installed and i was using win7 when some strange 'tut tut' phone dial noise sprang up in background and the pc shtdown. All attempts to load win7 properly failed as the pc would shutdown after welcome screen. And the keyboard is screwed too as strange random letters would appear upon pressing a particular key. Safemode suffers from same prob and so does win xp. Command prompt is automatically typing '/////' after the text insertion point.i think its a kernel/boot infection.help!!
i suspect that this undetectable malware might be due to countestrike 1.6 install few days back downloaded from a shady site.

Edited by ardavak, 25 October 2012 - 05:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

Do you have another pc that you can use to burn a cd?

If so download the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 iso and burn it to a cd and boot from and scan your infected pc. If you get that far go with all of the defaults on any of the suggested things it finds. Once you get to the end view the detected threats and save the results as a txt file and copy and paste that in a reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users