Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for an Effective Anitvirus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 soozabelle

soozabelle

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

I have a new job online. Basically, I have to browse A LOT of websites and I've already picked up a virus or 2-- So I want virus protection that will tell me if the page I'm going to is fishy (rather than just trying to fix the problem post-infection). I've purchased Norton but I'm not sold on it. It seems my internet runs a lot slower.

Bleeping computer always has such knowledgeable posters, I figured this is the best place to ask! (You are my computer's heroes. :)

Should I just keep Norton or is there a better product out there? And I'm currently running Norton and Windows Security-- should I get rid of the Windows security feature now that I have Norton?

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

<<And I'm currently running Norton and Windows Security>>

No such AV...do you mean Microsoft Security Essentials?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic472962.html/page__p__2877793#entry2877793 reflects a current open topic in the Am I Infected forum. You should tend to that before opening any other topics or requesting information that may be discussed or where questions may be resolved in your existing AII topic.

You need to bring it to the attention of your helper in AII...that you have two AV programs installed.

If you still have questions after your AII topic is closed/resolved, BC has a forum where you can gain knowledge re protection methods for your system: AV, Firewall, Privacy Product, & Protection Methods.

To avoid confusion, this topic is closed. If you have any questions about such, please contact me via PM.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users