Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI Moneypak virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 jj234nc

jj234nc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

I can't start my computer is safemode or safe mode networking because of FBI moneypak virus. All I get is a white screen then it goes to the FBI moneypak screen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CStew23

CStew23

• Members
  • 1,484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hi jj234nc,

Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums! :welcome:

My name is Chris and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.

Before we begin, please note the following:
  • I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only! If you are not the original poster of this thread DO NOT run the fixes provided here.
  • Please do not run any tools until requested by myself or another member of Staff! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
  • Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
  • If you stay with me, follow my instructions and ask questions when confused you'll be back up and running in no time :)

Now let's get down to business:

I'm currently a trainee in the Malware Removal Training program and therefore my answers have to be checked by a Teacher before they get posted to you. There may be a delay due to this. I apologize in advance if this happens. Hold tight while I get the first set of instructions out to you.
Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!
If you have not heard from me in 48 hours please use this and send me a PM reminder.

#3 CStew23

CStew23

• Members
  • 1,484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hi,

Do you have access to the machine in Safe Mode With Networking?

Which Windows version is this?

Edited by CStew23, 27 October 2012 - 11:06 AM.

Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!
If you have not heard from me in 48 hours please use this and send me a PM reminder.

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users