Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with editing my photos begginer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gemalouise

gemalouise

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Hi i play the sims 3 quite allot and like taking screen shots editing them but i have come across a picture and i want to learn how to do it i have asked the simmers how to do it and they wont tell me there secret so i was wondering if anyone on here could help me

From This

http://imageshack.us/a/img715/6764/screenshot8zr.jpg

To This

http://imageshack.us/a/img35/4292/22601284848391633678217.jpg

as you can see the sim on the top is very clear and smooth as for the top its just a typical screenshot

Thanks
Gema :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

It was not clear from your post exactly what you needed help with. Whether you have a problem making the capture or editing it.

If you google "screenshots in sim 3" (no quotes) there are plenty of possible solutions. I don't play the game so I can't advise directly. Some general rules:

Screen Capture
Printscreen (Prt Scr) copies the screen to the clipboard. You can then paste into a graphic editor and crop or otherwise edit it.
Better is to use a screen capture utility. Most allow you to specify a folder to capture into and you may have a choice of what parts of the screen are captured

Game Capture Programs
Progs like FRAPS or Bandicam can record the game and provide still captures.

If you try capturing the screen and you get a black rectangle where the picture should be, the game is set to use what is called an overlay. The PC processor is only providing that rectangle and the graphic card fills it in with the video. Since the screen capture is within the PC processor, it does not see the video. You cannot capture the picture on that PC unless the application comes with its own utility for doing that.

As an example, in Windows Media Player you can set the video to use an overlay or not. Overlays reduce the processor load on the computer but you cannot capture the video scene that is playing. If you don't use the overlay setting, then you can capture the video scene.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users