Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AngelGray

AngelGray

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

I'm not able to keep Adobe Flash Player working.It is updated to the latest version.

This first started occurring around the end of August. Until then I'd never had this problem before.

I thought that maybe it was just a bad download so I uninstalled and re installed.Still no luck. Have done this a couple times.I use 32 bit .Non IE version.
I run all of my scan's and they come up clean.My computer is updated.

This is the message I get after a box pops up saying that Adobe Flash Player is shutting down.And that Windows will notify if a solution is available :

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you

Thank you in advance !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

Hi AngelGray,

The only other approach that I could suggest would be for you to download and run the Adobe Flash Uninstaller. This will remove all versions of Adobe Flash from all browsers.

Next, download and run the current stable version of Flash Player 11.4.402.287 (Non-IE).

Finally, make sure that you have the most current version of your Non-IE browser (i.e Firefox 16.0.1).

Regards,
Brooks

#3 AngelGray

AngelGray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

First of all Thank you Artrooks for the rapid response/help ! :D

Thank you also Artrooks as that took care of the problem. \o/ \o/ \o/

#4 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

I'm glad that it worked for you. :)

Regards,
Brooks

#5 AngelGray

AngelGray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

Sadly that didn't fix the problem after all,as when I logged on this morning I got the same message that I mentioned in the first post.

The thing I don't understand is that I watched several Youtube videos yesterday with NO problem's

#6 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hello AngelGray,

It seems that you are not alone with this problem. Have a look at this Adobe Forum post: DEP Error Just Goes On and On.

Here is a link to old version of Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.29 (Non-IE) should you want to give that a try, per stillinSiagon's reply.

If unsuccessful, maybe a post in the Adobe Forum would benefit all involved.

Regards,
Brooks

#7 AngelGray

AngelGray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

Again, thank you for your help.Just happy to know it's not my computer and that I'm not alone.

I searched for something regarding the issue but came up with nothing. Guess I just didn't search for the right thing.

Is there another flash player out there other than Adobe?

Will a computer function properly without a flash player other than not being able to watch video's?

I don't normally watch a lot of video's, but was just checking out to see that it worked yesterday.

#8 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

I believe that "Flash" is proprietary to Adobe who purchased it from Macromedia some time ago. I'm not aware of another program that would fulfil the functionality of Adobe Flash.

If you uninstall it, you wouldn't be able to view Flash video such as uTube, etc. or any small Flash video (adds or instructional) that might appear on websites; otherwise, the computer should work just fine. Try uninstalling Flash player for a day or three. Hopefully Adobe will address the issue, sooner rather than later.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users