Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building My PC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sergeant Lewis

Sergeant Lewis

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

So there are a couple computer parts that i may be getting to customize my own desktop and I wanted to make sure that these parts would match up and work together in harmony without me jamming a processor, breaking, bending or in any other way making the computer not function. I am Still open to suggestions and would appreciate if you would give me more suggestions about the missing parts I have not listed.
Here are the parts thus far:

CPU: My CPU

Motherboard: My Motherboard

Thank you very much for your feedback. When I get it built I will post a few nice pictures of it.

Edited by Sergeant Lewis, 23 October 2012 - 08:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Looks good thus far!

Posted Image

#3 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Looks good. You know he's not playing around when he spends more on the motherboard than the processor :)
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

Have you considered the new flagship CPU from AMD, the FX-8350?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Excellent start so far! However you can swap those for equally, or more, powerful parts...

Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX - It is less expensive but offers the same functionality as your chosen board. I have this motherboard, it is quite sturdy. You will need to update your BIOS to accept the CPU below as it was just released, that is, until Asus sends out boards with the new BIOS already pre-installed. $189

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz - This is about 10% or so faster than the older 8150 for just a little more cash. $219

Edited by DJBPace07, 24 October 2012 - 03:42 PM.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users