Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittent bog down of laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikec84

mikec84

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hello! I have followed the steps suggested by the "Slow computer?" topic of this forum; however, I am having issues still with my laptop and was hoping I could get a professional look into it to see if there is something more sinister going on that the fact that it is a dated system.

Primarily, when I am watching HD movies/shows on Netflix, or playing computer games, the laptop will start running slow. When it is Netflix, the audio and video will get out of sync and then after a while it will catch up. This doesn't happen a lot and does not seem to have any real pattern to it, which has me wondering if something malicious is running in the background collecting information or communicating.

I have Windows 7 installed, 3 GB RAM, Pentium Dual-Core CPU 2.3 GHz, GeForce 8200M G 256 MB RAM.

I realize this is an older system and the problems may be just that, but it has not always been this bad and a good look would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hello Mike my name is Firemaster1337
First of all lets download Malwarebytes Antimalware to see if you have a virus or not.
Go to www.malwarebytes.org
Click on free download.
Download and install MBAM update the database and run a full scan.
Do not cancel the scan it make take some time depending on how much stuff you have installed on your computer.
After post the log that it gives you in your reply .
Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#3 mikec84

mikec84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, Firemaster1337! Here is my log after the scan...

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.65.1.1000
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.10.23.10

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514
Nahanni :: ATHENA [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

10/23/2012 7:00:07 PM
mbam-log-2012-10-23 (19-00-07).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 583659
Time elapsed: 8 hour(s), 13 minute(s), 18 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0